The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

I'm wondering whether or not I should get the maintenance loan. I feel like I dont need it because I'm staying at home and going to my local uni but at the same time, I feel like I should get it anyway. I keep getting mixed responses from different people and I really dont know what to do.So, should I get a maintenance loan or should I not get the maintenance loan?
Reply 1
Original post by Cousin brother
I'm wondering whether or not I should get the maintenance loan. I feel like I dont need it because I'm staying at home and going to my local uni but at the same time, I feel like I should get it anyway. I keep getting mixed responses from different people and I really dont know what to do.So, should I get a maintenance loan or should I not get the maintenance loan?

Run the numbers through a calculator and see whether you're expected to pay off your tuition by the time it gets written off. If not, it makes financial sense to take the loan.
Original post by IWMTom
Run the numbers through a calculator and see whether you're expected to pay off your tuition by the time it gets written off. If not, it makes financial sense to take the loan.

yeh I think that it makes sense to take the loan anyway because I don't how long it will take for the loan to be paid off.

Original post by IWMTom

That's makes sense. but do I need to get the loan for my 3 years at uni?
Reply 3
yeh I think that it makes sense to take the loan anyway because I don't how long it will take for the loan to be paid off.

That's makes sense. but do I need to get the loan for my 3 years at uni?

You can take it for one year, two years, or three years - whatever you like.

I took it when I didn't need it, because it's handy to have that cash to put towards something in later life.

Hi, you can request 0 Maintenance Loan for now and if you decide later on in the academic year you need it you can always request it.

Bare in mind if you start your course in September you have 9 months after September to request it. If you request the Maintenance Loan after 9 months I'm afraid you wouldn't be eligible as the deadline would of passed.

Regards, Aisha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending