Need some advice please-no one seems to care!!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

Sorry this is long- if you have time please do have a read. If not-no worries.

I'm so upset and confused.
I got rejected for Midwifery which was really a back up. I always wanted to do optometry but feared I may not get accepted so instead applied for Midiwfery and got rejected from all of them.😢😢😢
So now I applied to Aston for Optometry and they have given me an offer if I get BBB. My target is only ABC!!
Truthfully if I get rejected for Optometry I'm going to be shattered!😢

My favourite teacher has always been so supportive and was the one who encouraged me to apply for Optom following my rejections.

As results day is near- I'm thinking of some backup (I've been told it's always a good idea) and I don't know what to do!!!! 😢😢 i want to go into healthcare and go to a local uni -not too far.
I'm looking at local Univeristies such as BCU/Aston etc and the courses they have available through clearing (which is what I'll be using if I don't get to do Optometry).😢

My sisters doing Pharmacy and she is happy as she's able to do what she wanted.
When I try and talk to my family about my options they tell me nt to worry and that I'll get to do what I've always wanted and that's Optometry-they don't understand that I'm finding it so hard to look for a backup.😢😢😢

All I know is that If I don't get into Optometry I want to go into healthcare and in profession that will allow me to help people.

I don't know who to ask for advice- my teacher stays in touch with me but I don't want to bother her and ask her for help and how I'm struggling to find a backup course that's suitable for me!
Before we finished sixth form-she did give me a list of websites that I can explore and I have but I can't find anything!!!! And I'll feel bad if I bother her again.

What shall I do- please help!
Do you know any ideas of well payed healthcare careers that I can do if I don't get to do Optom?
(I don't want to do nursing and as for Midiwfery I've already been rejected from every local uni in my area).

Thank you!!!
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nursing is one career.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed