The Student Room Group

Changing to a different course at the same uni before uni starts

So I’ve firmed a conditional offer from the university of Nottingham to study German and politics, but I’m now having doubts and am thinking of switching to modern languages (German and Spanish) but still at the same uni. Both courses are run by the same department and have the same entry requirements. Should I contact the university now and ask them if they’ll let me swap and if they can change the course on UCAS before A Level results day, or is it too late for that? Would it be better for me to wait until results day, see if I’ve got in, and then ring and ask to change courses? Modern languages is never oversubscribed, the course has been in clearing at notts every year for years and years, so there will definitely be spaces left. But can they move me onto that course internally on results day, or will they tell me that I have to be released into clearing first and then have to reapply through clearing for modern languages? I don’t want that to happen as if they release me from my offer and into clearing, I’d lose my accommodation that I’ve secured, which is why I’m wondering whether I should contact the uni now and see if they can do anything about it before results day.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What did you do? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!
Reply 1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending