The Student Room Group

Gentlemen, Snapchat is so addictive it has a new dysmorphia named after it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/snapchat-dysmorphia_us_5a8d8168e4b0273053a680f6?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_cs=Ag4JYDY7LrccJd268cV9MA

Say what you want, but this is getting out of hand. People are using filters on Snapchat to clear up their skin and create COMPUTER EDITED versions of themselves, perfect, unachievable idols, then turning to plastic surgery to turn themselves into these COMPUTER EDITED people. It's absolutely crazy.

'Among the most popular filters are the ones that smooth the skin or blur out perceived imperfections.
“People are using that as an example of what they want their skin to look like, which basically means they want to get rid of irregular pigmentation and they want to soften fine lines and wrinkles,” he said. '

Perhaps people need to understand that it really, really isn't all about some heavily filtered, carefully chosen photos on their Story. I feel nothing but sorrow for people this desperate to be impossibly beautiful.
Hey, everyone is affected by something.
For instance, due to my repeated sessions of playing many puzzle games like Puyo Puyo Tetris and even more obscure games like Hacknet about terminal usage, hacking and such, I constantly experience the Tetris Effect.

Whether you let these things change or affect your life majorly you is your issue, something you should be aware of, not the people making or marketing the app, game, event or whatever else. They aren't responsible for your well-being or mental stability, you are.

Not that them doing something about this wouldn't help them and us, mind you.

And for the record, no, I don't like or use Snapchat. It is the opposite of what I seek in social networks.
Original post by TripleSlash
Hey, everyone is affected by something.
For instance, due to my repeated sessions of playing many puzzle games like Puyo Puyo Tetris and even more obscure games like Hacknet about terminal usage, hacking and such, I constantly experience the Tetris Effect.

Whether you let these things change or affect your life majorly you is your issue, something you should be aware of, not the people making or marketing the app, game, event or whatever else. They aren't responsible for your well-being or mental stability, you are.

Not that them doing something about this wouldn't help them and us, mind you.

And for the record, no, I don't like or use Snapchat. It is the opposite of what I seek in social networks.

Ah, I never knew what it was called - the tetris effect - it is soooooo annoying :frown:
sorry but snapchat is so dead
Original post by Anonymous
sorry but snapchat is so dead

Well said!
Only fake people use Snapchat!
Reply 6
Snapchat just seems like too much effort.
Original post by Rezwan_
Snapchat just seems like too much effort.

Yeah exactly, who gives a toss about what I am currently doing?

There’s no need to take pictures of it. Don’t like all this public sharing of my life really. It’s as if Snapchat portrays everyone as perfect when in reality it’s far from it.

Get real people!
I actually agree. The snapchat front camera is mirrored meaning our faces appear different to normal cameras. I love the filters though and viewing stories :colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by Tommy123Hull
Yeah exactly, who gives a toss about what I am currently doing?

There’s no need to take pictures of it. Don’t like all this public sharing of my life really. It’s as if Snapchat portrays everyone as perfect when in reality it’s far from it.

Get real people!

Yh but tbh not everyone is like that and it depends on who you got on it. Still, I ain't exactly a big fan of it.
Original post by Rezwan_
Yh but tbh not everyone is like that and it depends on who you got on it. Still, I ain't exactly a big fan of it.

Yeah, I’ll be nice enough to give an exception to the rule there!😂
Honestly loads of people used to use snapchat but now its kind of dead no one barely uses it. Even if people are out and about they dont tend to take pictures and people dont even talk there anymore. I talk to one person and they are best friend the next minute lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending