The Student Room Group

Will men and women ever be equal? Should they be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by STw67
Because feminism exists in the UK. It makes me despise certain White Women. Yes you heard me, Feminism is a Middle Class-White Girls club. That's what it is, and this has resulted in gender quota's in everything even Men's Sports.

Hang on, i hear women all the time in this country going on and on about being a "strong, empowered and independent women" whatever the hell that means as it makes me chuckle. Why are Women being influenced by Older Men ? Because Women want power and money while not having to work for it themselves. No-one forces Girls/Women to have surgery to improve their looks, you do it out of your own accord.

Why are Women so desperate for a sugardaddy ? That's the question you should be asking. Again i scoff, we don't live in a Patriachy or Girls wouldn't be allowed a education and we wouldn't have a Women as Prime Minister. You are the type of people i despise, blame Men for your own faults and faults in society..

Have you any idea how pathetic that makes you come across? It is all rather sad. Rather than embrace women in their pursuit of equality you openly seem to want to prevent them and then blame them for wanting equality. Is that what modern masculinity looks like these days?
Reply 81
Original post by Rabbit2
For one thing, anything that requires expending brute force, particularly when things must be lifted to height. Both in strength and height, the women are at a disadvantage. Conversely, women have the advantage when patience and 'fine motor skill' are needed. Building electronic circuit cards, and assembly of precision electronics are two areas that women clearly outshine men. I speak with over 25 years of experience running such projects for the US Government. Cheers.

But you left the US Gov 20 years ago, there aren't many jobs in developed economies which require brute force like coopering, nor are circuit boards put together by hand anymore.
Men and women don't need to have equal roles, but they deserve equal rights.
Reply 83
Yes, of course they should be equal. My definition of equality would be that everyone is a person first and formost, and their skills and talents are judged entirely on their own merits. If that resulted in unequal outcome in terms of jobs and positions of power I accept that, but currently, while we judge exactly the same behaviour differently according to gender, there isn't equality. For example, if a man is controlling at work, he is a strong leader, a women is judged negatively for exactly the same quality. This is what needs to change.
Reply 84
Original post by ByEeek
Have you any idea how pathetic that makes you come across? It is all rather sad. Rather than embrace women in their pursuit of equality you openly seem to want to prevent them and then blame them for wanting equality. Is that what modern masculinity looks like these days?

You have equality, you want superiority.
Feminisim is a white womens invention, designed to break the family unit and is a white womens club.

How you can say a brown or black man in this country is more privileged than a white women on the basis of gender is hilarious.
I genuinely hope there's a backlash from Men once they start to see it for what it is.

"Modern Masculnity" Lmao. Women are doing everything to follow masculinity, they copy what men do. Notice how the words "strong and independent women" come from. Strong and independent is associated with masculinity, all you are doing is confirm Masculinity is superior.
Original post by STw67
How you can say a brown or black man in this country is more privileged than a white women on the basis of gender is hilarious.

When did I say that?

There will be a backlash because men are slowely losing the automatic right to enforce casual sexism and harassment against women. Having moved from software (male dominated) to teaching (female dominated) I can now see just how sexist and derogatory towards women men only workplaces are.
Reply 86
Original post by ByEeek
When did I say that?

There will be a backlash because men are slowely losing the automatic right to enforce casual sexism and harassment against women. Having moved from software (male dominated) to teaching (female dominated) I can now see just how sexist and derogatory towards women men only workplaces are.

Because femnists Specifically say Men, not White Men. So you are grouping all Men into one. So therefore what you are saying is a British Black Man or British Brown Man is more privileged in this country than a White Women because of gender, which i find utterly hilarious.

Your Female Dominated Teaching areas is far more oppressive than a Male Dominated Software area. Look at what their doing to Boys, who are systematically falling behind at every stage of education and nothing is being done, you can bet if it was the other way around, the country would be going crazy. This is strongly correlated to the domination of females in the teaching industry since the early 90's.

This also fits in with aggresive marketing and spoonfeeding of Male Dominated Areas such as STEM and Sports to Girls, while Female Dominated Areas such as Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Law and Teaching jobs are not being advertised to Boys or Young Men. I can see it exactly for what it is. So you won't fool me.

you have definitely confirmed to me your a women of 2018 and a staunch feminist by hiding behind the, "i'm a victim because i'm a innocent, sweet women" cover. Their will be a backlash soon, a generation of depressed and lost Boys will turn into Young Men who are capable of destruction.

I hope it's lashed out specfically at middle class-white women who are responsible.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by STw67
Because femnists Specifically say Men, not White Men. So you are grouping all Men into one. So therefore what you are saying is a British Black Man or British Brown Man is more privileged in this country than a White Women because of gender, which i find utterly hilarious.

You are putting words in my mouth. When did I say any of that?
Reply 88
Original post by ByEeek
You are putting words in my mouth. When did I say any of that?

You have clearly stated "Men" on your previous posts
Original post by STw67
You have clearly stated "Men" on your previous posts

Well yes. But you then started whittering on about race.
Not really .Even though these days woman are advocating for equal power in relationships , there is always gonna be that level of inconsistency in the way power is shared between a woman and a man.
Reply 91
Original post by ByEeek
Well yes. But you then started whittering on about race.

Yes so when you refer to Men, that means you are referring to Men of all ethnic groups. So in essence you are saying Black Men are more privileged in this country than a White Women which i find utterly hilarious
Original post by STw67
Yes so when you refer to Men, that means you are referring to Men of all ethnic groups. So in essence you are saying Black Men are more privileged in this country than a White Women which i find utterly hilarious

No. You said that, not me. So you are laughing at yourself.
Original post by iamElectro
Prepare! They're coming!!!

That's so rude. Feminists are just fighting for equality!
Original post by SomMC1
fully prepared. Got my wooden shield to protect myself from their crap and a fork to stab them with!
Feminists are about EQUALITY! NOT ANYTHING ELSE SO DON'T GO CRITICISING THEM!
Original post by gpatel14
Feminists are about EQUALITY! NOT ANYTHING ELSE SO DON'T GO CRITICISING THEM!

No human is above criticism.
Of course they are not 'equal'. Being so pedantic about the strict meaning of equal is just a cop out.
Original post by gpatel14
That's so rude. Feminists are just fighting for equality!

No, they fight for inequality
Reply 98
Original post by ByEeek
No. You said that, not me. So you are laughing at yourself.

Nope you said that you silly feminist. Black Men are Men. Brown Men are Men. So you are saying, a black man is more privileged than a white middle class women.

I would love to see feminists try their ideology with Muslims. Let’s see how you fare, because i promise if you and try and impose your ideology of female supremacy on muslim men/women you will get your heads chopped.

Then who will you come running to for support and help...White Men
Reply 99
men and women should be given equal opportunities but we should recognise that men and women are not the same. yes women shouldn't be discriminated against but it makes sense for them not to be allowed to do certain things and vise versa. it is not sexist, just realistic and sensible.

Quick Reply