Scam modeling alert!

Watch
Johny Englishman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah we have been there today. Al they want it's your money for portfolio which is 3 options £200 - 300 or 400. But 200 is not available for some reason. Pictures are far from good. Don't waste your time.
Marina leach
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes that’s right scam, asking for money, absolutely scam, it’s in 57 Camden road, all dodgy people inside
I don’t recommend to anybody
Lisa le
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by LuanM)
Hi, I’ve booked an appointment for my daughter today with this company. It’s at their Manchester studio in Overbridge road. They are also called ‘Bookings Management’ is this the same company?
I have also been on a photo shoot today with my daughter and I was told I had to £400.00 for the portfolio and gave them a £50.00 deposit I sighed some paperwork and I'm worried it is all a scam after reading a lot of bad reviews.
Lisa le
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Hsissi)
If you didn’t have anything sent to you or a website done call your bank to stop the direct debit. Pure scam Don’t pay other agency as well forget about the £50 if it was cash. Try to get it back if through the bank. Let me know in the future your outcome
Thanks very much I will update you soon and let you know what happens.
Nisha Maru
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Lisa le)
I have also been on a photo shoot today with my daughter and I was told I had to £400.00 for the portfolio and gave them a £50.00 deposit I sighed some paperwork and I'm worried it is all a scam after reading a lot of bad reviews.
Hi luana

I wouldn't recommend it. They all use the same sales strategy, if u read all previous reviews, they operate under different company names, its possible if you pay for the portfolio that they won't find jobs for your daughter as they say, they also don't allow you to use their images to distribute Independably and they may not have a contract. A real modeling agency never will ask u to pay for a portfolio before landing a job.
Last edited by Nisha Maru; 11 months ago
Jemmalovesjdd
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi any updates with people who experienced this? We signed our son up and payed 300 in total to momco and for the portfolio. No reply or answer from them. We payed in cash for portfolio. Has anyone got anywhere with the fraud team? Wondering if there's anything at all I can do if there is.
Nisha Maru
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I reported this to trading standards and action fraud. Barely anything they can do about it I guess... These companies they get away with it, I can't believe there are so many of them out there doing it and I'm sure trading standards have received so many calls about the same thing but nothing is done I'm afraid.
Jemmalovesjdd
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes it is a shame they can do this to so many people. I hope they get caught. Be good to catch them out on the next one they try and bring police
Martel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I have just been to the studio myself. I had my wits about me when I was in with the coach. I reckoned on that my wallet was in the car so said I'd nip out for it. Out of sight, I Googled 'Paying for your own Portfolio'. Read an item and down to the car and drove away.
Jemmalovesjdd
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Is this in Manchester now? The same company? I could report them if they are doing it now
Jemmalovesjdd
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Well done by the way
Martel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by barton12)
To me, it happened the exact same and on the same date as to you. We should contact a lawyer, get all together with our evidence and take them to court.
Well - in my case, no money changed hands. I would be happy to submit a written account of my experience.
Giulia.ariola
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, unfortunately I’ve been scammed as well I’m afraid and before losing £400 I’ve decided not to go to the appointment today so that my loss will be £100 “only”. When you say do your own portfolio your mean that I find someone who takes pictures of me in some outfits just like they do in these studios and then print them myself and propose them to actual agencies instead of studios? Thank you in advance!
Jemmalovesjdd
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Giulia.ariola)
Hi, unfortunately I’ve been scammed as well I’m afraid and before losing £400 I’ve decided not to go to the appointment today so that my loss will be £100 “only”. When you say do your own portfolio your mean that I find someone who takes pictures of me in some outfits just like they do in these studios and then print them myself and propose them to actual agencies instead of studios? Thank you in advance!
Hi where are they located today? I can contact the Freud team or confront them if its manchester base and the same company. Thanks
Nwalie18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have an appointment there next Tuesday with my 2 year old daughter. Is it not legitimate?
Gezime
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
did you take the money back ? they take from me 300 paund
Gip
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If anyone wants to confront them in person I have an appointment that I am not going to attend. This is where to find them next Tuesday the 24th of November:White chapel studioLower ground floor,23b Hessel Street, London, E1 2LR
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.83%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (926)
42.79%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
18.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads