frostfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I currently have the iPhone SE so was thinking to upgrade to one of these phones. S7 is about £100 cheaper, but A5 2017 looks really good on paper. I'd really like to know how the sound/speaker quality on these phones compare. I know the speakers on the S7 are average at its best. Does anyone have the A5 2017 and have opinions on its sound quality?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mystelle)
I currently have the iPhone SE so was thinking to upgrade to one of these phones. S7 is about £100 cheaper, but A5 2017 looks really good on paper. I'd really like to know how the sound/speaker quality on these phones compare. I know the speakers on the S7 are average at its best. Does anyone have the A5 2017 and have opinions on its sound quality?
The S7 is equal or superior to the AT in almost every respect, as is usually the case when you're comparing an ex-flagship to a slighter newer midrange offering from the same company. Speaker placement is possibly the one area the A5 beats the S7, meaning you're less likely to block it and muffle the sound, but it's still decidedly mediocre. If you want better than average speaker quality, you're better off looking at the equivalent phones from HTC.

What's your budget? Are you open to other suggestions?
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly i would the iPhone. Samsung is good and all but the iPhone also has good support and the apps are less likely to crash l.
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
S7 for the win
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ascel)
Samsung's decision to stick with a single bottom facing speaker has routinely been trumped by phones offering dual front facing speakers. If audio quality is important to you, Samsung would not be my first choice.

To be fair the speakers in the S9 and S9+ are fantastic, I'm just assuming they're out of the OP's price range.
frostfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
To be fair the speakers in the S9 and S9+ are fantastic, I'm just assuming they're out of the OP's price range.
Yeah... the max I'm willing to spend on a phone is £500-£550, though I'd like to spend less if possible. Atm I'm considering A5 2017, Pixel 2 and KEY2. I've seen the S9 on eBay costing around £500, but I just can't get used to the look of that curved display. Such a bummer that Samsung apps are exclusive to Samsung phones.

My only concern with using an Android phone is syncing between my iMac and iPad. Do you know if there's any way I can sync iCloud notes and reminders with an Android phone? Other wise I'd have to stick with Zoho Notes or Evernote...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads