So stressed out for freshers' week Watch

Ashfire45
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi there! My advice is much the same as what's already been mentioned, BUT:

You're giving yourself a disadvantage as a person if you don't dive into Freshers with all that you can. Now, I don't even mean the alcohol and clubbing, I don't have any real intentions of that myself, but...

Meeting people and trying new things will develop you as a person, sitting at home scrolling through facebook will not. But meet people, and be curious about them and what they do; sign up for all the stuff you can, try it, and the WORST that will happen is that you have a wasted hour or two.

Yes, you have all your life to be social and try things... But not in the uni context, where it's okay just to walk up to people and chat, and where you WILL have a decent amount of free time compared to having a full-time job.

Doing the thing that scares us most is what it develops us most as a person. I spent years and years avoiding this sort of thing and it means that I'm only now going to Uni at age 25, LOL. Grab life by the balls now. And again, that doesn't mean club, pub and drink yourself into a stupor. <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads