Keeping Calm and Cavying on at Uni MKII: Second Year Struggles Watch

This discussion is closed.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I'm Cavy :hello:, this thread is a continuation of This Thread but obviously I can't put this one in Fresher's Blogs as I'm no longer a fresher. This thread is for the new academic year which is my second year at university.

This thread isn't going to be a GYG with notebooks and perfectly laid out stationery because my life is quite messy often and there are a number of health things that impact my life. If that's not your thing that's fine but this thread probably isn't one you will really be into, which is also fine as no-one is obligated to read it :nah:

Academic History :work::
Spoiler:
Show

GCSEs = 8A*s and 2As
AS = 4As
A2 = A*AA
First Year = PASS(we only get 'pass' or 'fail' for our first year at my uni). I am currently studying Design at uni.

Health :nurse::
Spoiler:
Show

Health things obviously impact my life. Stuff started to go downhill health and MH wise at the end of year 12. As much as I try to get on with life despite things, of course some things are going to be affected. Currently I am diagnosed with PCOS (you wouldnt think it but this is a real pain :sigh:), BPD (if you don't know what that is then This Thread should help offer some explanation ) and have a lot of pain in my lower back. Additionally i have a lot of nightmares (every night) so obviously these impact my life (more info Here).
To help with these things i have DSA, take meds (Quetiapine 100mg, Sertraline 150mg and Cerelle 75mg), see a psychiatrist and will hopefully get some kind of PD therapy one day (the waitlists are very long and me potentially going on placement next year messes up waitlists :sad:). Additionally i like drawing and art to keep myself busy that way. If you need any help with anything design related feel free to hmu in the Design and Technology Forum

Anything else?
Spoiler:
Show

Am a CA in Chat and DT which i very much enjoy so you will see me around a fair bit in those forums
My uni is very rural so i often walk in the woods so expect a lot of nature pics in here :laugh: I love animals possibly more than people so I have my own pets which i miss very much whilst im at uni.
I have a small polar bear teddy (TSRGus :ninja:) called Gus who often accompanies me on my travels so expect to see a lot of him too :bear: I also have a secret hamster in my room called Sebastian who is my best friend 🐭
I would like a first this year as it counts towards my final year but tbh am just trying to aim to get through the year in one piece as 1st year has been turbulant to say the least. I also need to search for a placement this year (:afraid:) so i can do my year in industry in the 3rd year.
That's everything really

Tagging the main wonderful people who posted in my last thread: Pathway 04MR17 Lemur14 Muttley79 The_Lonely_Goatherd
Last edited by CoolCavy; 8 months ago
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay for blog continuation. So pleased about this - wasn't sure whether you'd continue or not and didn't want to put any pressure. But I do really like following your blog, even if I don't always know what to say in response, or can't comment on everything due to my own health

:penguinhug:
Last edited by shadowdweller; 5 months ago
username3989988
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Hey, I'm Cavy :hello:, this thread is a continuation of This Thread but obviously I can't put this one in Fresher's Blogs as I'm no longer a fresher. This thread is for the new academic year which is my second year at university.

This thread isn't going to be a GYG with notebooks and perfectly laid out stationery because my life is quite messy often and there are a number of health things that impact my life. If that's not your thing that's fine but this thread probably isn't one you will really be into, which is also fine as no-one is obligated to read it :nah:

Spoiler:
Show

GCSEs = 8A*s and 2As
AS = 4As
A2 = A*AA
First Year = PASS(we only get 'pass' or 'fail' for our first year at my uni). I am currently studying Design at uni.

Spoiler:
Show

Health things obviously impact my life. Stuff started to go downhill health and MH wise at the end of year 12. As much as I try to get on with life despite things, of course some things are going to be affected. Currently I am diagnosed with PCOS (you wouldnt think it but this is a real pain :sigh:), BPD (if you don't know what that is then This Thread should help offer some explanation ) and am currently in the process of being diagnosed and treated for scolosis as i have a lot of pain in my lower back. Additionally i have a lot of nightmares (every night) so obviously these impact my life (more info Here).
To help with these things i have DSA, take meds (Quetiapine 100mg, Sertraline 100mg and Cerelle 75mg), see a psychiatrist and will hopefully get some kind of PD therapy one day (the waitlists are very long and me potentially going on placement next year messes up waitlists :sad:). Additionally i like drawing and art to keep myself busy that way. If you need any help with anything design related feel free to hmu in the Design and Technology Forum

Anything else?
Spoiler:
Show

Am a CA in Chat and DT which i very much enjoy so you will see me around a fair bit in those forums
My uni is very rural so i often walk in the woods so expect a lot of nature pics in here :laugh: I love animals possibly more than people so I have my own pets which i miss very much whilst im at uni.
I have a small polar bear teddy (TSRGus :ninja:) called Gus who often accompanies me on my travels so expect to see a lot of him too :bear:
I would like a first this year as it counts towards my final year but tbh am just trying to aim to get through the year in one piece as 1st year has been turbulant to say the least. I also need to search for a placement this year (:afraid:) so i can do my year in industry in the 3rd year.
That's everything really

Tagging the main wonderful people who posted in my last thread: Pathway 04MR17 Lemur14 Muttley79 The_Lonely_Goatherd
Watching! I'm just here for Gus tbh :laugh: Seriously though, Good luck for next year and I'll be following your journey.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:jumphug: I'm so glad you're doing a blog this year! Will be watching. :yep: Good luck!
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:jumphug::cube::lovehug:
So glad you're doing this again! Was lovely to follow your journey and get to know you last year so in to watch (and comment) :yep:
:wavey: to Gus!
Spoiler:
Show
10 days :excited:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:lazy: = sophomore

:borat:
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can I be tagged please :puppyeyes:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay for blog continuation. So pleased about this - wasn't sure whether you'd continue or not and didn't want to put any pressure. But I do really like following your blog, even if I don't always know what to say in response, or can't comment on everything due to my own health

:penguinhug:
(Original post by MaizieAmyr)
Watching! I'm just here for Gus tbh :laugh: Seriously though, Good luck for next year and I'll be following your journey.
(Original post by Pathway)
:jumphug: I'm so glad you're doing a blog this year! Will be watching. :yep: Good luck!
(Original post by Lemur14)
:jumphug::cube::lovehug:
So glad you're doing this again! Was lovely to follow your journey and get to know you last year so in to watch (and comment) :yep:
:wavey: to Gus!
Spoiler:
Show

10 days :excited:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by the bear)
:lazy: = sophomore

:borat:
:grouphugs: thanks everyone

(Original post by Labrador99)
Can I be tagged please :puppyeyes:
i dont really have a tag list cos i update so reguarly that i dont want to spam people with notifs or make them think they have to read it
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Posting to subscribe :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
TSRGus
Badges: 7
Report 1 year ago
:ninja:
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We like to blog with Cavy
Cos Cavy is our mate
And when we blog with Cavy
They rep my post in eight....
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:grouphugs: thanks everyone

i dont really have a tag list cos i update so reguarly that i dont want to spam people with notifs or make them think they have to read it
No worries Will be following along regardless :hugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TSRGus)
:ninja:
GUS :gah:

:hi:

(Original post by 04MR17)
We like to blog with Cavy
Cos Cavy is our mate
And when we blog with Cavy
They rep my post in eight....
Cannot rep. ****ing TSR
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
05/08/18:
Am in a lot of pain today, idk why it gets worse randomly. Have been asleep most of the day tbh cos am home alone so it's only me and my pets here. Need to ring the doctors tomorrow cos I rang on Friday but they said the x-ray results hadn't come back yet. I don't think it can show any nerves it's squashing (doctor thinks it's squashing my pelvic nerve) but it should show how badly it's twisted and hopefully can get some pain relief in the meantime (ibuprofen doesnt do anything for it so am going to ask for something stronger) cos will have to have any treatment or further tests for it at uni cos am going back quite soon. So will need either copies of the x-rays or for my temporary doctors to fax them over or something.
Have done my first of 5 drawings. Am pleased with how it's turned out but still need to do the other 4
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Great to see this and I look forward to reading your new thread.
:hugs:

:teddy: says hello to Gus and he will be following his travels with great interest.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
05/08/18:
Am in a lot of pain today, idk why it gets worse randomly. Have been asleep most of the day tbh cos am home alone so it's only me and my pets here. Need to ring the doctors tomorrow cos I rang on Friday but they said the x-ray results hadn't come back yet. I don't think it can show any nerves it's squashing (doctor thinks it's squashing my pelvic nerve) but it should show how badly it's twisted and hopefully can get some pain relief in the meantime (ibuprofen doesnt do anything for it so am going to ask for something stronger) cos will have to have any treatment or further tests for it at uni cos am going back quite soon. So will need either copies of the x-rays or for my temporary doctors to fax them over or something.
Have done my first of 5 drawings. Am pleased with how it's turned out but still need to do the other 4

Glad you are pleased with the first one, cause it looked amazing
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Labrador99)

Glad you are pleased with the first one, cause it looked amazing
:ditto:

Hope the Xray is back tomorrow and is the best news it can be, whatever that might be :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anon_98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wishing you the absolute best for your second year at university ! - hope everything improves health wise + you manage to make yourself proud with the admirably hard work once again. love you millions + will *obviously* be following your journey
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
posting to subscribe ! ly Cavsicle :hugs:
can't wait to see what you get up to and here's to a great 2nd year :cheers:
Spoiler:
Show

miss the guinea pigs :cry2:
The Scotfather
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago

Spoiler:
Show

GCSEs = 8A*s and 2As
AS = 4As
A2 = A*AA

Spoiler:
Show

Health things obviously impact my life. Stuff started to go downhill health and MH wise at the end of year 12. As much as I try to get on with life despite things, of course some things are going to be affected. Currently I am diagnosed with PCOS (you wouldnt think it but this is a real pain :sigh:), BPD (if you don't know what that is then This Thread should help offer some explanation ) and am currently in the process of being diagnosed and treated for scolosis as i have a lot of pain in my lower back. Additionally i have a lot of nightmares (every night) so obviously these impact my life (more info Here).
To help with these things i have DSA, take meds (Quetiapine 100mg, Sertraline 100mg and Cerelle 75mg), see a psychiatrist and will hopefully get some kind of PD therapy one day (the waitlists are very long and me potentially going on placement next year messes up waitlists :sad:). Additionally i like drawing and art to keep myself busy that way. If you need any help with anything design related feel free to hmu in the Design and Technology Forum

Anything else?
Spoiler:
Show

I have a small polar bear teddy (TSRGus :ninja:) called Gus who often accompanies me on my travels so expect to see a lot of him too :bear:
That's everything really

Clicks "Watch" on the thread.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (118)
68.6%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.77%
Yes but I might change my mind (20)
11.63%

Watched Threads