Things you believed as a child

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
A lot of us used to have some ridiculous, questionable or funny beliefs as a child :lol: Perhaps you thought the moon as made out of cheese or that cartoons were real? What things did you believe as a child?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Believed in the tooth fairy.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used to think if I couldn't see someone they couldn't see me either. Like I would just put my hands on my eyes, and thought that's how you hid? Obviously found out pretty quickly that's not how it works, lol.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That only girls had pubic hair
That girl's downstairs were called willys (i was amazed in year 6 when i found out it actually had a name)
That unicorns lived on clouds
That there was always a war on that britain was involved in (grew up with iraq/afghanistan)
That i was going to be abandoned every time we went on holiday (little foetus bpd)
That when you had a period an egg came out, my first period i was looking for an egg in the toilet wondering where it was #truestory
username4197586
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believed that if you didn’t brush your teeth three times a day they would turn all rotten and fall out of your mouth in your sleep and swallow them and be poisoned - thanks Mum (!)
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
i didn't realise animals were indigenous to certain countries, so i was terrified of alligators, crocodiles, rattle snakes, tarantulas (i lived in the middle of Canada. this would never happen). i was also afraid of quicksand and bottomless pits.
username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought black and white films were made when there was no colour. i literally thought that when movies were released in colour that's when colour appeared until then the world was in black and white. It took me a long time to realise that this was not the case when my sister confronted me about it lol.
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That if I mistakenly ate an apple seed, an apple tree would grow in my stomach and I'd die.
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One of the granddaughters stood up in the middle of her class and told them that Santa wasn’t real when she was six. There was howling and crying from her classmates and dirty looks from the parents at the school gate for weeks afterwards.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All dogs were boys and all cats were girls.
Tommy123Hull
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought the drain in the bath was going to take me away with the water if I sat in the bath while the water was draining.

Still a regular occurrence today... 😂😂
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought sex was a myth. How could someone really let you stick that P into their sand box.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
All dogs were boys and all cats were girls.
me too. wtf lol
Samiik
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought you could order babies at the hospital and then theyd be sent down from above, ready to be collected.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fairness and equality. Silly., I know.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh another one, I used to think that the crawl space under the house was a way to get into another dimension.
username2835430
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought old people smoked cigarettes to live longer genuinely lol
math42
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think I really understood the concept of actors at a young age. Also, for some reason I thought that all bands had multiple singers like boy/girl bands. I think the latter lasted longer than any belief in God...
noonelikesu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
that if u didn't get ur period ur pregnant ( didn't know what sex was)
to have babies u pray for them
everyone met the queen
bluebells1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh boy

- seeds grow inside you and make trees. Fact.
- couples kiss and the woman poops out a baby every now and then
- the mannequins from the 2005 doctor who episode are real
- periods are brown (k so I know they can be but my mum literally said it wouldn't be red and um)
- I thought TV remotes were called 'glibs' because my dad made up silly names for everything. I was 10 when I realised the truth after my English teacher was like wtf
- the woman on the answer phone lives in the phone

Ok and the grand finale

- Jesus floats around in a giant bubble granting your prayers

Have no explanation for that one but thank you Jesus
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads