Watch
This discussion is closed.
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
All dogs were boys and all cats were girls.
That explains why all cats hate you then.
Rigel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used to believe that the people on the TV were real tiny people inside the TV, and if I smashed the TV open they would come out. (For the record, I did not smash the TV, I actually thought they might be evil so I didn't want them to come out :erm:)
Rezwan_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believed that if I ate a plant seed- a plant would grow out from my head.
ellieml19
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believed that sheep had two legs shorter on one side than the other, and that's how they could stand on hills without falling over and rolling down. Points for creativity for my mum!
Yakib
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believed in god
DoritoEvie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My parents told me that if I made a grimace (crossing my eyes, making a silly face) and the clock struck, it'd get stuck forever.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That traffic lights were controlled by a man who was inside the traffic light box. I used to imagine him all hunched over in there with his lunchbox too.

That the food you ate just went down into your legs and gradually piled up inside you..

That there was some mysterious word somewhere that if you found out what it was and said it aloud that you’d suddenly gain magical powers..
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Teachers lived in the classrooms and when babies are born they came out of your bum.
GalGirl101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Turning those lights that are on the car ceiling on was illegal
London090
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well my maths teachers sister believed that turkeys had three legs because at thanksgiving there were only two drumsticks and she had two brothesr so as to not leave her out her parents told her that the wing was a leg and she believed that turkey's had three legs for like 5 years😂😂
username3989988
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is hope for humanity...
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothing.
London090
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought that every time a couple kissed a baby was conceived😂
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bluebells1)
- I thought TV remotes were called 'glibs' because my dad made up silly names for everything. I was 10 when I realised the truth after my English teacher was like wtf
Haha, we call it a "plob" in our house, because apparently that's what my brother called it when he was a baby. So I was brought up with my parents still saying that, and had no reason to believe it was anything other than what it was really called. I was round at a friend's house one day and asked her to pass it to me, she didn't know what I was talking about. My parents explained it to me when I got home, and I felt like an idiot. Although I still say it; and I now live with my partner and I've even got him saying it! Old habits die hard!

(Original post by ellieml19)
I believed that sheep had two legs shorter on one side than the other, and that's how they could stand on hills without falling over and rolling down. Points for creativity for my mum!
This is fantastic. Your mum sounds brilliant!

(Original post by Yakib)
I believed in god
Same. I also believed in Heaven, and I had been told at school that Heaven was where you went when you died (I had little concept of what "died" meant of course) and that you could do whatever you want and be happy with those you love.

So, I had this image in my head - a really vivid image - of me sitting on the floor and playing with lego with my grandparents, because that's when I was happiest.

For a couple of years after, whenever I was bored or angry or upset, I'd say to my mum I really wish I could die now, when can I die, please can you help me die etc and she was getting seriously worried. Anyway my dad eventually had a word with me and worked out what was in my head. I didn't want to "die", I just wanted to play lego with my grandparents instead of what I was doing at the time. Quite funny really!
ghostiecat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1.) Basically, when I was younger I remember seeing a British Gas advert where everyone lived on different little planets. I got it in my head that if you stayed outside for too long at night when the moon was visible, the moon would crash into the Earth, and break up into tiny little planets like in that advert. If you were not in a car or house at this time, you would die.

2.) I legit believed this one until a few months ago (I'm 17) because I never thought about it in detail - my mum and granddad used to do this specific whistle when they heard birds singing, and told me that this meant, "Georgie, ain't ya working?" in bird language. I geniunely thought that we humans had somehow discovered that birds understood this phrase, that we had learned to communicate with all species of bird, and this was the one sentence we knew how to say to them.

3.) Okay, I don't know if this is weird or not, but for a very long time I thought the sun and moon rotated like they do in Minecraft. I mean, sun goes up, sun goes down, moon comes up and goes across the sky along the same path the sun did, and as the moon goes down the sun comes up on the opposite side of the sky.
madmirrors
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That electricity pylons were robots
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When I was around 5 years old, I used to think that when my mum ordered anything from Argos or the old Index stores, that our product was flown super fast from somewhere far away to the store. I was heartbroken when I found out everything just came from a stock room upstairs :laugh:
icygrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you eat the seeds in a fruit it’ll grow in your stomach
Santa
UniGrad23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Michiyo)
A lot of us used to have some ridiculous, questionable or funny beliefs as a child :lol: Perhaps you thought the moon as made out of cheese or that cartoons were real? What things did you believe as a child?
1. I thought dogs ate cats

2. Girls had penises

3. God was real
vladimirivanov
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Michiyo)
A lot of us used to have some ridiculous, questionable or funny beliefs as a child :lol: Perhaps you thought the moon as made out of cheese or that cartoons were real? What things did you believe as a child?
Used to believe that Santa Claus is real and that he'll give gifts to obedient kids.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (395)
32.32%
No (827)
67.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise