What do I do if I'm in love with a celebrity?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know it's stupid, I know. I'm in love with this celebrity who's my age (Paris Brosnan) and I always find myself thinking about him. It sucks because I know that I'll never get to meet him, talk to him, or anything. Plus, I don't even know how he is as a person; I just like him based off everything he's put out on social media, which is stupid. I don't know, I just don't know how to stop thinking about him. I hate the feeling of "so close yet so far."

How do I stop and snap back into reality? Is it sad that I want to meet him really badly?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know it's stupid, I know. I'm in love with this celebrity who's my age (Paris Brosnan) and I always find myself thinking about him. It sucks because I know that I'll never get to meet him, talk to him, or anything. Plus, I don't even know how he is as a person; I just like him based off everything he's put out on social media, which is stupid. I don't know, I just don't know how to stop thinking about him. I hate the feeling of "so close yet so far."

How do I stop and snap back into reality? Is it sad that I want to meet him really badly?
You probably don't love him, you're just infatuated with him. It's a crush to put it simply. Yes it's normal to have crushes on celebrities. And as with any crush it will pass. I think everyone probably has a celebrity they would love to meet so no it's not sad.

Just keep yourself busy and try to help yourself lose the feelings. Start by not following him on social media.
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
It’s a crush is all it will pass with time we all have them for me it’s Lilly James she is just so pretty and seems like a nice person in interviews.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Paris is a boys name now?
(The Joker)
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Paris is a boys name now?
Paris Hilton isnt a boy tho. Unisex n that probz
username4036292
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

:console:

Don't worry OP, it isn't love. Maybe stop searching him up, and looking at his pictures ?

I see. This guy is a 2001-born and so are you.
Well, I'm a 2001-born too, and I also have a crush on a celebrity who's my age. So basically, we're in the same boat

All you have to do for now is, just treat it like a casual celebrity crush, and you'll soon feel those feelings dampen a bit eventually.
Whenever anybody tells you stuff like, "Oh you like him ?", just say, "Yeah, but as a fangirl !"
That's what I do regularly to snap myself back to reality

Trust me, it's completely fine to have celebrity crushes but make sure it doesn't get that serious, especially considering the fact that they don't know you exist.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It's just admiration / a crush. You fall in love when you truly know the person and want to be around them for forever - I adore Naya Rivera and I think she's very very attractive but I don't love her.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads