Can i apply for student finance if i haven't lived in UK before Watch

H_Imran
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
I am a british citizen by birth but have residence outside of the UK. I am hoping to apply to a british university and move to the UK for my post graduate education. My question is, will i be able to apply for student finance if I havent lived in UK for the previous three years. When am I settled and entitled to student loans?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by H_Imran)
Hello,
I am a british citizen by birth but have residence outside of the UK. I am hoping to apply to a british university and move to the UK for my post graduate education. My question is, will i be able to apply for student finance if I havent lived in UK for the previous three years. When am I settled and entitled to student loans?
Where have you been living?

Generally you'll need to meet the 3 year residence requirements prior to the start of the course in order to be eligible for home fees and student finance support. There's exceptions if you've been temporarily outside the UK (which wouldn't apply to you) or if you've been living/working in the EEC (which might apply to you).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?