How to go vegetarian

Watch
Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The BBC has posted a useful guide for anyone that's thinking of going vegetarian.

It includes protein sources (nuts, seeds, beans and lentils), Omega-3 fat sources (chia seeds, ground flaxseed, walnuts and pecans) and iron sources (wholegrain rice or bread, dark green vegetables, beans and tofu) in order to make sure you maintain a healthy diet.

It also includes some foods to check for non-vegetarian ingredients. These includes certain cheeses, sweets and alcoholic drinks.

Have you read this guide? What do you think? Do you want to go vegetarian?
Yakib
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I want to go Vegan now, but my mother wouldn't let me. So I'm going to become Vegan when I'm older. Mainly for ethical reasons but for health reasons too.
Veganism is much better than vegetarianism both dietarily and ethically, so veganism is a much better alternative.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yakib)
I want to go Vegan now, but my mother wouldn't let me. So I'm going to become Vegan when I'm older. Mainly for ethical reasons but for health reasons too.
Veganism is much better than vegetarianism both dietarily and ethically, so veganism is a much better alternative.
Cannot you get vegan food yourself or get someone other than your mother to get it for you? And why wont she get you vegan food?
Yakib
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
Cannot you get vegan food yourself or get someone other than your mother to get it for you? And why wont she get you vegan food?
All of the food that they serve at school in lunchtime is non-vegan and she wants me to eat at school. Also I asked her to get me vegan food but she didn't get it for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.03%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.22%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.22%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
15.14%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (34)
18.38%

Watched Threads