mawuliusa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I received a letter from SFE stating am not eligible for student finance for year 2 into a degree course in Accounting because they made a mistake granting me student finance in the first year which I was not eligible for. This is so because I didn't meet the 3 year residence criteria as a spouse of EU migrant worker.I was advice to defer the course for a year in other to meet the 3 years residence criteria.After a year gone, I reapply and to be told I still not qualify for the student finance. This is as a result of me been assessed using the year I apply when I was not eligible. So for me to be eligible I will have to reapply as a new entry. So meaning the first year I have done is just a waste.I have now apply to do HND course but student finance says I have only 2 years remaining for them to support me with the fees. So they won't be paying the first year but will give maintenance grant.Am confuse here. Why am I been punish for their mistake?
Gerard SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

In order for us to discuss your application and the difficulties you've encountered, the best way forward would be to contact us directly to discuss this.

Thanks
Gerard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.07%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.81%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.25%

Watched Threads

Latest