The Student Room Group

How do I fix my friendship with my bestfriend/crush.

So today I fell out with my best friend(who is a guy,I’m a girl)
They had recently become very distant with me and had not been hanging out with me recently. He used to be someone I could turn too and recently when I had called to talk about something he’d hang up the phone saying he’s too busy, which hes never done before. and also wouldn’t hang out with our group of friends and the reason for that is because they are now in a relationship.

Sad thing is, is i got really upset by it because I liked him a lot. We had slept together a couple times in the past and I guess my feelings for him were stronger then I thought. I had told him how I felt after he said he was in a relationship and I feel I’ve now messed our friendship up over it because I am very hurt by it. And because of the way he had been acting lately. Made me more upset then I think I should of been.

Ive said to him that I would like to not speak for a couple days and that it’s sad that we may never be as close as we once was. But I also wished him the best with his gf. But I know deep down I’ve ruined our friendship by sharing how I feel and for saying that I’m hurt etc.

How do I fix this or what can I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Tracysart
So today I fell out with my best friend(who is a guy,I’m a girl)
They had recently become very distant with me and had not been hanging out with me recently. He used to be someone I could turn too and recently when I had called to talk about something he’d hang up the phone saying he’s too busy, which hes never done before. and also wouldn’t hang out with our group of friends and the reason for that is because they are now in a relationship.

Sad thing is, is i got really upset by it because I liked him a lot. We had slept together a couple times in the past and I guess my feelings for him were stronger then I thought. I had told him how I felt after he said he was in a relationship and I feel I’ve now messed our friendship up over it because I am very hurt by it. And because of the way he had been acting lately. Made me more upset then I think I should of been.

Ive said to him that I would like to not speak for a couple days and that it’s sad that we may never be as close as we once was. But I also wished him the best with his gf. But I know deep down I’ve ruined our friendship by sharing how I feel and for saying that I’m hurt etc.

How do I fix this or what can I do?

The last thing you'd want to do is to keep pestering him to the point where he ends the friendship. He has a girlfriend so you should respect the boundaries that he has with her.

If you are best friends, then it is possible he'll get over it and you'll still remain friends.

Do what it takes to get over the hurt, don't cut him off but also don't keep trying to validate the friendship by talking to him non-stop. Maybe give yourself some space, engage in your hobbies to distract yourself. See how he is in a week or so, take it from there but don't expect too much.

You should understand that now that he has a girlfriend, he'll spend more time with her than anyone else which is pretty normal. This is something you have to accept.
Reply 2
So you caught feelings after riding him a few times?

Well it's a good thing I don't have feelings and it's a good thing I don't ride deek 😂😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending