username4167060
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm taking economics, chemistry, maths and further maths. Year 12 was alright for me and I am predicted all A*s. Will it be worth looking at Year 13 topics before school starts?
JargonRaygun
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do whatever you want lol
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by boojai)
I'm taking economics, chemistry, maths and further maths. Year 12 was alright for me and I am predicted all A*s. Will it be worth looking at Year 13 topics before school starts?
You can start a little bit of it then, to get a head start.
oliviagilbert
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd say so.

Wouldn't go into too much depth because you don't want to confuse yourself with what you'll be taught in your classes.

A little head start would definitely not be a bad idea though..
username3687396
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would get a head start personally, but don't spend all your time on it, maybe only do the next chapter or topic to ease yourself into A2. You've got a whole year ahead of you to learn it all! Hope you can get your predictions too!
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's no need to bang out bossman

The best thing you can do for yourself is go over Year12 content if you need to just to refresh your memory, only revise the A2 topics that you may have covered before Summer Holidays. Reading ahead is a bit pointless tbqh
Samiik
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Before year 13, i did a few of the maths chapters so that when we’d started i knew what was going on. I also went over some yr 13 topics for econ and mostly went over yr12 stuff. Up to you what you choose to do.
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am learning ahead a bit myself, but that's only because I have literally nothing else to do (cos I'm popular like that), and I enjoy learning it at my own pace. There's no harm in doing so if you want to, but don't overdo it. You could do some further reading if you haven't already done so, and finish your PS (again if you haven't yet).
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was gonna say to be careful with predictions and that they are more important than going ahead. But seeing as you got all A*s prediction then the second thing you could do is personal statement ahead of everyone else? Im doing early application (in September) so that's what Im doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (63)
36.63%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
10.47%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (10)
5.81%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (42)
24.42%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
13.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.72%

Watched Threads