The Student Room Group

not able to apply for a student loan

I'm starting college soon and doing an NC course so I'm not able to apply for a student loan as its not higher education.

I don't think I'm going to get my money till October as I've sent my letters for funding late.

I'm going to be staying at the college and won't be getting any help with money from family as they don't have much money. I'm currently on jsa so I'm not working and don't have any money saved up. I'm 22 so does anyone know of there is any other help I can get with money till I receive my bursary and I'm not sure how much I'm going to receive.

Sorry if any of it doesn't make sense I'm really bad at writing stuff like this.
Original post by iaim235
I'm starting college soon and doing an NC course so I'm not able to apply for a student loan as its not higher education.

I don't think I'm going to get my money till October as I've sent my letters for funding late.

I'm going to be staying at the college and won't be getting any help with money from family as they don't have much money. I'm currently on jsa so I'm not working and don't have any money saved up. I'm 22 so does anyone know of there is any other help I can get with money till I receive my bursary and I'm not sure how much I'm going to receive.

Sorry if any of it doesn't make sense I'm really bad at writing stuff like this.

Ask the college if they have a hardship fund.

You should also try and get a job as if you worked from now till then you could save enough to tide you over.

https://www.nus.org.uk/advice/money-and-funding/alternative-sources-of-student-funding-overview/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending