The Student Room Group

My friend always gives one word replies and it's annoying

Whenever we're talking about something to do with them I always try to reply properly e.g ask questions, give advice etc. However, when the conversation is about me it's like the genuinely couldn't care less. For example, when we were doing exams I mentioned how worried I was for one of them and they just replied ''lol''. Another example is when I was talking about how annoying it was when my sixth form was basically screwing one of my classes over by always bringing new teachers in and they just replied with a laughing emoji. These are just two examples but it happens so much that I just feel like I'm bothering them all the time. Am I getting annoyed over nothing or would anyone else find this annoying too?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever we're talking about something to do with them I always try to reply properly e.g ask questions, give advice etc. However, when the conversation is about me it's like the genuinely couldn't care less. For example, when we were doing exams I mentioned how worried I was for one of them and they just replied ''lol''. Another example is when I was talking about how annoying it was when my sixth form was basically screwing one of my classes over by always bringing new teachers in and they just replied with a laughing emoji. These are just two examples but it happens so much that I just feel like I'm bothering them all the time. Am I getting annoyed over nothing or would anyone else find this annoying too?

Yes, it's annoying if they kept doing it. You can tell someone doesn't want to talk to you or they're just bad at texting from the way they reply to you. Maybe just cut out the texting and talk to him in real life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending