2019 University of Edinburgh Applicants Watch

Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
:ahee:

This thread is for you early birds who are looking are potentially applying to Edinburgh for whatever course starting next September!!

You can introduce yourself by letting us know your name if you so wish, the course you're applying for, grades, other universities etc.

Suggested template:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck
TiagoA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there I'm Tiago, I'm a student from Portugal and I recently visited Scotland for the second time and I absolutely loved it. I was in Edinburgh and I adored the city so much that I'm looking into taking my degree there, hopefully starting in 2019! I would love to have some information about how to apply for a degree in University of Edinburgh, if there's any aid or scholarships for international students and how much is the cost of living in the city. Thanks in advance!
mortlort
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm an American International student
Course:International relations
Grades: Taking the ACT, 3 SATII's, and AP computer science, Biology, and comparative government

Does anyone know if Uedinburgh sends conditional offers if you have not taken the ACT and Subject tests yet?
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
(Original post by TiagoA)
Hey there I'm Tiago, I'm a student from Portugal and I recently visited Scotland for the second time and I absolutely loved it. I was in Edinburgh and I adored the city so much that I'm looking into taking my degree there, hopefully starting in 2019! I would love to have some information about how to apply for a degree in University of Edinburgh, if there's any aid or scholarships for international students and how much is the cost of living in the city. Thanks in advance!
Details about International Scholarships are here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding.../international

Application Information here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international

You can also contact Edinburgh Global if you have any specific application questions.

(Original post by mortlort)
I'm an American International student
Course:International relations
Grades: Taking the ACT, 3 SATII's, and AP computer science, Biology, and comparative government

Does anyone know if Uedinburgh sends conditional offers if you have not taken the ACT and Subject tests yet?
Specific entry information for USA students here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/intern...tes-of-america

Contact Edinburgh Global if that page doesn't answer your question.
Quyen_3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thinking to apply to do architecture )
Although I need help and advice on accommodation pls preferably catered as I can only find 2 places? And very confused about halls and colleges (compared to places like Cambridge)
Francesco8801
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
:ahee:

This thread is for you early birds who are looking are potentially applying to Edinburgh for whatever course starting next September!!

You can introduce yourself by letting us know your name if you so wish, the course you're applying for, grades, other universities etc.

Good luck
Hi, my name is Francesco and I'm an EU student going into Year 13 in September.
I want to apply to Medicine and Edinburgh seems an amzing place to live in and the University is top ranked (therefore extremely competitive aarghh)
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Francesco8801)
Hi, my name is Francesco and I'm an EU student going into Year 13 in September.
I want to apply to Medicine and Edinburgh seems an amzing place to live in and the University is top ranked (therefore extremely competitive aarghh)
Hello! :ahee:

Best of luck with your application

Remember, all UK medical courses are fantastic and they're all accredited by the GMC :borat:
ceza56
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I’m ciaran and I’m thinking of studying medicine at Edinburgh 😁
reeganb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm Regan and I'm thinking of applying to do Painting, love Edinburgh a lot and I'm hoping to get in
username4209958
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm from the Czech Republic and I am going to apply for Geology. I'll most probably send an application to Glasgow as well
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
(Original post by voiita)
Hi, I'm from the Czech Republic and I am going to apply for Geology. I'll most probably send an application to Glasgow as well
Glasgow's also an excellent choice. To be honest, it's probably a more picturesque campus than Edinburgh
Becca54
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, my name is Rebecca and I'm going to be applying to study Japanese. I'm also thinking of applying to Oxford, Leeds, Manchester and SOAS.
Izzythestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hola, my name's izzy and i am interested in studying illustration / arts and humanities in 2019, currently going into year 13!
predicted grades: A, A*, A* in art, history nd English.
also looking at: Falmouth, UAL, Pearson's, Leeds, Warwick, Gloucester...et al...
but edinburgh is where I reaallyy wanna go haha- i feel kind of stupid bc I haven't really looked at other unis that much
nice to meet you all :-)
Luc2001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm Luciano and I'm thinking of studying biomedical sciences at Edinburgh. It's an amazing city and the university is top ranked, I really hope to receive an offer!
Cuthbertariana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I’m Lauren and I’ve just finished my A Levels. I’m on a gap year and am applying to study English and History at Edinburgh this year. I obtained AAB in my A Levels and am also applying for English at Birmingham, Exeter, Lancaster and Cardiff!
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cuthbertariana)
Hey! I’m Lauren and I’ve just finished my A Levels. I’m on a gap year and am applying to study English and History at Edinburgh this year. I obtained AAB in my A Levels and am also applying for English at Birmingham, Exeter, Lancaster and Cardiff!
:woo: Great grades!

Good luck with your application!
Cuthbertariana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
:woo: Great grades!

Good luck with your application!
Thanks! You too!
Quyen_3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I'm looking to do architecture, however I just looked at the complete university guide and apparently the student satisfaction for Edinburgh is very low? I know I shouldn't rely on those statistics, but I was wondering why?
Quyen_3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And it's 29th in the guardian ranking..?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quyen_3)
Hey I'm looking to do architecture, however I just looked at the complete university guide and apparently the student satisfaction for Edinburgh is very low? I know I shouldn't rely on those statistics, but I was wondering why?
it's a chronic problem with Edinburgh and I've never got a serious answer no matter how many different ways i've tried to ask.

all you can do is say that Edinburgh's low ratings are relative to other universities, rather than being absolute... in other words most students ARE satisfied at Edinburgh, just less so than at almost any other uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (193)
18.76%
Labour (530)
51.51%
Liberal Democrats (139)
13.51%
Green Party (57)
5.54%
Brexit Party (15)
1.46%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.39%
SNP (16)
1.55%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.49%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.68%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)