The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2019 University of Edinburgh Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody heard back for biological sciences yet?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
stressed; they've had my application for nearly 6 months now and I'm still waiting....even the elusive St. Andrew's is finally sending responses. I'm home/EU fee status, applied for physics. Anybody else heard?
Does anyone know if the wait is a good sign?
Thank you
Original post by mcdonh
stressed; they've had my application for nearly 6 months now and I'm still waiting....even the elusive St. Andrew's is finally sending responses. I'm home/EU fee status, applied for physics. Anybody else heard?

No! Same for me, I‘m EU and applied for both Physics and Physics with a year abroad because I really want to study in Edinburgh. I‘m on a gap year right now but got grades that should be well above the entry requirements.
Reply 1584
Original post by JeanHI
Does anyone know if the wait is a good sign?
Thank you

Not necessarily - people are still receiving rejections now! However, the longer you go without a rejection has to be a good thing, right?
Original post by GI GI
Not necessarily - people are still receiving rejections now! However, the longer you go without a rejection has to be a good thing, right?

I honestly do not know. Maybe someone who knows help us.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yup
Original post by anonymousebonita
Anyone who already has an offer get the ‘23 reasons to joins the class of 2023’ letter?
I’ve just got a rejection :frown: I’m EU btw.
Original post by esmesepp
Has anybody heard back for biological sciences yet?
Original post by awkwardpanda11
Hi, I'm an Italian student so I fall within the EU status. I applied to IR and IR and Int. Law at Edinburgh on January 14th, so just a day before the deadline.... but what do you guys think? Could it be a mistake or is it really hopeless? Edinburgh was my first choice...

Positivamente, uno dei miei amici dall'Italia è stato recentemente offerto un posto a Edimburgo (per la chimica/Ingegneria Chimica) con un voto finale sorprendentemente basso del 75%. Certo, provate e chiedete, chiedete molto gentilmente se il "capo dell'accettazione" potrebbe avere un controllo sulla vostra offerta, ho sentito parlare di università che spiegano queste cose.

Tuttavia... they might just be full in international relations; at least you can proceed with your other choices and remember that you can apply through UCAS clearing/Adjustment which this year happens to be on Ferragosto...
Can't believe it!!!!
Got my offer of AAA* (A* in maths) for year two AI!!
Even though I got rejected for year 1 computer science last week???

So happy to have my firm!!!
EU student predicted A*A*A

Good luck to those still waiting!
Original post by kiantigger
Can't believe it!!!!
Got my offer of AAA* (A* in maths) for year two AI!!
Even though I got rejected for year 1 computer science last week???

So happy to have my firm!!!
EU student predicted A*A*A

Good luck to those still waiting!

Congrats. What time did you get your offer?
nope :frown:
Original post by 02rose
Has anyone heard back on IR yet?
anyone got MA geography from RUK?
Original post by LuigiMario
Tuttavia... they might just be full in international relations; at least you can proceed with your other choices and remember that you can apply through UCAS clearing/Adjustment which this year happens to be on Ferragosto...

Then I hope the Ferragosto fireworks will be in celebration that everyone had the results they needed. :rave:
Anyone heard from architecture ? I’m Scottish btw - haven’t heard anything!!!
Just got an offer for philosophy and economics :smile:)))))
Original post by jasmine_GCSE
Just got an offer for philosophy and economics :smile:)))))

Congratulations!
Thankyou:smile:)) did you apply ?
Original post by jasmine_GCSE
Thankyou:smile:)) did you apply ?

Yes, for Informatics 😊 but I haven’t received any news yet
(edited 5 years ago)
Best of luck!! I only got mine back about an hour again so I’m sure there’s still plenty of timee😃😃😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending