The Student Room Group

I think my teacher likes me

ok so my I go to a secondary school I am 14 years old (going into year 10) I am also a girl. This term the teacher that I would always talk to because I trusted her and she would support me and knew so much about me left and now I don't know who to talk to. About the following, last term I took an incident to her similar to this one (people had started to notice things) and she sorted it straight away and I wasn't allowed to be taught by this teacher, and then later on he 'left' - but everyone was saying he got fired, and that it was because I reported him. But anyways that is another story.
Recently I have noticed another teacher doing a similar thing. He will always seat me near the front of the class either so he can see my face or see my back (and bum through the chair) He will come and sit at the big table I am sat on and first ask me if I am okay, only then will he ask everyone else if they are okay but he asks them as a class. He always talks to me in corridors, like are you okay (then my name)? and he will smile at me. He barely ever asks me questions in the class where as he picks on everyone else. His eyes scan over the class and land on me for a few seconds and then scan the class again. If he is handing things out his hand come considerably closer to mine than anyone else's, for example he was handing out glue sticks to every one and placed it at the top of the table and I was writing and he placed it right in front of me. He will release me at the start or near the start every lesson. If I am going to him for help with some work I take my friend with me as she is doing the same things and he looks at me most of the time and then flicks across to look at her and then back to me, then he asks does that make sense to both of us and we answer then he turns to me and goes does that make sense (my name). It's almost as if he is willing me to say no so he gets extra time with me. He looks at me differently to other students, with them he goes over to boards and explains stuff to me he just stands there talks and maintains eye contact which is very intimidating as I don't like maintaining eye contact for so long so then I have to look at the window and he still looks at me even when I look out the window.
No one has mentioned that they have noticed anything whereas with the other one they did.
Please help me as I don't know what to do (I am scared as I think if I report it the school wont believe me because I reported another incident very similar not that long ago. And the teacher I would always go to has left.)
Not to be funny but I don't think he likes you *that* way. You're probably just picking up on little things because of past experiences but this doesn't necessarily mean he likes you romantically. He's probably just keeping an eye on you because of the fact that you trusted him. If this was a female teacher would you be questioning the same things? However, if this does progress into clear signs and it is obvious he does not view the teacher-student relationship as such then I would definitely speak to staff.
What the above said.
I presume the teacher in question will know about the past incident and as such is keeping an eye out for you. When you think someone likes you, things which are small and you'd normally ignore become bigger and more obvious even though it means nothing. I doubt that it's anything at all
My dentist shot me then ran me over with his car! is he into me?
Obviously he likes you because he gave you a glue stick personally. When a man gives you a glue stick, it means he is confessing his undying love for you.
Original post by Anonymous
ok so my I go to a secondary school I am 14 years old (going into year 10) I am also a girl. This term the teacher that I would always talk to because I trusted her and she would support me and knew so much about me left and now I don't know who to talk to. About the following, last term I took an incident to her similar to this one (people had started to notice things) and she sorted it straight away and I wasn't allowed to be taught by this teacher, and then later on he 'left' - but everyone was saying he got fired, and that it was because I reported him. But anyways that is another story.
Recently I have noticed another teacher doing a similar thing. He will always seat me near the front of the class either so he can see my face or see my back (and bum through the chair) He will come and sit at the big table I am sat on and first ask me if I am okay, only then will he ask everyone else if they are okay but he asks them as a class. He always talks to me in corridors, like are you okay (then my name)? and he will smile at me. He barely ever asks me questions in the class where as he picks on everyone else. His eyes scan over the class and land on me for a few seconds and then scan the class again. If he is handing things out his hand come considerably closer to mine than anyone else's, for example he was handing out glue sticks to every one and placed it at the top of the table and I was writing and he placed it right in front of me. He will release me at the start or near the start every lesson. If I am going to him for help with some work I take my friend with me as she is doing the same things and he looks at me most of the time and then flicks across to look at her and then back to me, then he asks does that make sense to both of us and we answer then he turns to me and goes does that make sense (my name). It's almost as if he is willing me to say no so he gets extra time with me. He looks at me differently to other students, with them he goes over to boards and explains stuff to me he just stands there talks and maintains eye contact which is very intimidating as I don't like maintaining eye contact for so long so then I have to look at the window and he still looks at me even when I look out the window.
No one has mentioned that they have noticed anything whereas with the other one they did.
Please help me as I don't know what to do (I am scared as I think if I report it the school wont believe me because I reported another incident very similar not that long ago. And the teacher I would always go to has left.)

Sounds like you're twisting things in your mind based on your previous experience. He doesn't like you, you're fine.
Your teacher may be treating you 'differently' to other students without even realising, probably because he knows you better than most others or thinks you're a good student. Maybe your experience with your last teacher has biased the way you interpret his actions, but drawing the conclusion that he likes you romantically based on these subtle, trivial details is ludicrous. Get real and focus on your study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending