Keep going through annoying phases... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So basically for almost the whole past year, I keep going through weird phases where I obsess and overthink over some random topic. I’m 15. I usually go through these for 1+ months and usually obsess over the thoughts and think about them ALL the time. So basically these are the phases I’ve had. So first, I really badly wanted colored eyes instead of my brown eyes and I thought of this all the time by hating my brown eyes. Like I would literally wake up in the morning and wish I had coloured eyes lol. I got over that after like 3 months of constantly obsessing over wishing I had different eyes. I also had an existential crisis for like 1 and a half months. I thought there was no meaning of life and always just thought about how I was gonna die anyways. I also had a phase where I hated my ethnicity and kept wishing I was European or Hispanic or mixed. I obsessed over this ALL the time. I also had a phase where I became really spiritual and started meditating a lot. I got over that in like a month. Another phase, where I thought that being smart meant I was a “nerd” and I obsessed over this and always thought I was “too smart”. I got over that. Had another phase where I wanted to be shorter and started hating my height. I obsessed over this ALL the time and starting thinking that I was too tall. I had another phase where I starting wishing physical attraction wasn’t a thing because no one has the choice to be “pretty” or “ugly” and I obsessed over this all the time. Those are just some examples and these phases are usually back to back amd I think about the topic all the time; morning, night and day lol. Whenever I have a phase it’s always about something really random and annoying. I’m honestly so tired of my mind always racing. My friends never seem to have any phases like mine. Why do I keep having these random and annoying phases that I obsess over? I sound crazy and I’m not sure if any of you understand what I’m trying to say lol. But thanks in advance.
username4197586
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe you are autistic or some such thing, I’d visit a doctor if it interferes with your life or worries you.
bluebells1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No kidding, I've developed the same patterns except I'm 17, going into second year sixth form and my obsessive thoughts last around 3 months each and go deep af with slight paranoia and moderate anxiety over different topics.

Yours could be a form of an underlying anxiety disorder. By no means am I diagnosing , it's just an observation that everything you obsess over is to do with appearance and self consciousness. I think it's normal for teenage girls sadly.

Like the person above said I recommend speaking to someone about your concerns if you feel you can x
Also - have you considered CBT worksheets?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Sounds kind of hysterical... Have you any lasting hobbies or are they all phases? Maybe try to think of the consequences before getting utterly obsessed. Sounds kinda interesting though - idk any girls that meditate haha
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sounds kind of hysterical... Have you any lasting hobbies or are they all phases? Maybe try to think of the consequences before getting utterly obsessed. Sounds kinda interesting though - idk any girls that meditate haha
They’re usually just phases and don’t result in lasting hobbies. And lolll, I know it’s weird that I was obsessed with meditating :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (91)
50%
No (91)
50%

Watched Threads