What do you do in detention? Watch

username3885888
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Having had many detention, I want know what you have to do in them in other schools.

Ours were really strict. You got collected by a member of the SLT, who 5 min before the end of the day, they told you to go down, in a sils t line down to either the isolation room(rare) or to the theatre. When you got to the theatre, you got told to remove all of your phones, and other electronics. You then put them in a box. You then had to remove your shoes and put them at the front. (This was to avoid escaping)(if you had to go to the toilet, you had to go to in socks). Then you got given a row, and told to copy out the text below for 2.5 hours.
username3885888
Rep:
?
What you had to write out as many times as possible
PetrolHead26
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I never had a detention, but I got a yellow card from TSR
AM_TSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Just sit in a room with the other people in detention. Had to write I will not talk during class for the whole of one detention though.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3885888
Rep:
?
Attachment 766764so this is what we had finally out for 2.5 hours in silence
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by NapIngton)
so this is what we had finally out for 2.5 hours in silence
yikes
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Watch my phone in secret
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
we don't have detentions anymore we have "homework support" (so basically a detention but it's not called a detention lord we're so extra). if you're late you come to school at 8:15 and sign in. for other reasons the punishments are usually community service. otherwise you're made to sit with sixth formers who probably get paid and other staff to review homework tasks. the system's weird though because say i'm a perfect student but i got a detention for chewing gum i'd be sent for homework support and that would just be a waste of time. unless you're in year 9+ then it's okay because there's always work to be done smh. anyway my school's all about restorative justice and working together as a community and bs.
username4011692
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Detention was either missing our 20 minute lunch break, and sit in a room in silence, or lose an hour after school, and again it was sitting in a room in silence. However, depending on the teacher, we could sometimes do school work, or occasionally talk.
username3871102
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
We had to sit in silence for however long the detention was could be from 30mins to 2hrs, I remember being the first person to get a 2.15hr detention fair to say I never got another ever again, we never got forced to hand in any electronics as they was banned completely from being brought onto school grounds. We also used to have to come in on 9am on Saturday till 12pm for bunking we had to complete alot of work during this time as they used to ask your teachers for homework or anything else you could complete during this time. there would usually be another like 1-3 people at most and the teachers were the grumpiest ones who only done it for abit of extra pay so you'd get 20 mins of talking about random things at the most.
username3885888
Rep:
?
I'd rather get a detention in your school the , as in mine, I got too many and way too many hours and days in detention and isolation
username4197586
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Depends who gives you the detention. I had a strict chemistry teacher who used to make people clean, I had a philosophy teacher who swapped biscuits with me and we had a good old ***** about people, a maths teacher who made me help younger students, an English teacher who made me write an extra essay but gave me cake afterwards, a sports teacher who was going to make me run laps but then felt sorry for me and told me to go, writing lines isn’t so popular at my school. I remember in primary standing with my face to the wall was pretty much the bane of my existence, others would walk past to laugh at you lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads