those who do/have done Edexcel mathematics, IT'S URGENT

Watch
kampfmaschine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guy, hope you all are doing okay.
So I am doing A-Level as an external candidate this year, I have already picked the subjects I want to study, but my question is mainly about mathematics, since I am doing Edexcel math and further math.
I have downloaded all the Edexcel mathematics textbooks, they are as follows
C1, C2, C3, C4
D1, D2
FP1, FP2, FP3
Mechanics 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
S1, S2, S3, S4
exactly 18 textbooks. my question is, am I supposed to study the whole 18 textbooks or just pick certain parts from every single textbook separately?
i also have another question, what is the difference between core and pure mathematics? do they both have the same exact content?
Am I tested on AS and A2 mathematics in one sitting or two separate sittings? like, if i already finish AS mathematics, do i have to wait till the end of year 13? when do the exams start exactly? for both AS and A-Level.
Thank you
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kampfmaschine)
Hey guy, hope you all are doing okay.
So I am doing A-Level as an external candidate this year, I have already picked the subjects I want to study, but my question is mainly about mathematics, since I am doing Edexcel math and further math.
I have downloaded all the Edexcel mathematics textbooks, they are as follows
C1, C2, C3, C4
D1, D2
FP1, FP2, FP3
Mechanics 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
S1, S2, S3, S4
exactly 18 textbooks. my question is, am I supposed to study the whole 18 textbooks or just pick certain parts from every single textbook separately?
i also have another question, what is the difference between core and pure mathematics? do they both have the same exact content?
Am I tested on AS and A2 mathematics in one sitting or two separate sittings? like, if i already finish AS mathematics, do i have to wait till the end of year 13? when do the exams start exactly? for both AS and A-Level.
Thank you
If you are a candidate in the uk you cannot sit these modular exams. They are only available for candidates who have taken them in a previous exam sitting and are doing resits in summer 2019. The modular specification has been replaced with a new linear specification with different requirements. You will find details of the new specification on the Pearson/EDEXCEL web site.

If you are an international candidate then you can still take modular international A levels in maths and further maths by completing 12 of those units. Details of compulsory units and which optional unit combinations are allowed are provided in the specification that you will find on their web site. You can take any unit exam at any time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (124)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.3%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (86)
19.72%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.17%
No - I live at home during term anyway (128)
29.36%

Watched Threads