c.lemon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I might need to miss around 1 and half or even 2 weeks of uni due a business trip between February and March which I can't skip. What are the consequences of missing these days?
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by c.lemon)
I might need to miss around 1 and half or even 2 weeks of uni due a business trip between February and March which I can't skip. What are the consequences of missing these days?
You miss the whole induction and first introduction lectures on the socal side you hall mates will have bonded so you may find integration hard .
Heriot-Watt University - Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

It depends on your course. It is best if you can to go to all lectures. It would be a good idea to speak with your lectures individual to check what you would be missing and the consequences of doing so. You can also speak with your personal tutor.

Best of Luck!

Dorothy- Student Ambassador
Justmac
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will be in the middle of the year and should have made some friends by that point so I wouldn't about that. It depends on your degree type? Some people might have labs etc which missing could he problematic. If not, you'll just have to catch up. I missed two weeks of uni in similar circumstances, i just apologised and let my tutor and lecturer know before hand. Caught up with the content and carried on as normal. For me it wasn't that big of a deal. My uni was small and i had good relationships with lecturers so communication of this was easier
c.lemon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Heriot-Watt University - Student Rep)

It depends on your course. It is best if you can to go to all lectures. It would be a good idea to speak with your lectures individual to check what you would be missing and the consequences of doing so. You can also speak with your personal tutor.

Best of Luck!

Dorothy- Student Ambassador
Thanks, I will have a chat with them and explain the situation. Probably catch up with the coursework will be a tough task afterwards.
Heriot-Watt University - Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by c.lemon)
Hello there!

I don't think it should be a major issue, however, depending on what you study you may be affected more or less than some other students.
I would suggest letting your year coordinator know, and since you are away during that time you can probably get lecture material and reading recommendations upfront and study for it while on your business trip. If you are doing a more practical course such as chemisty or biology where you have laboratory practices, I would suggest seeing if you can somehow make up for them or what adjustments need to be done.

Concenrning social life, I would not be concerned as you will already meet some of the people and being away for a week or two won't make a big difference.

Hope this helps!

Anamarija (3rd year Chemistry student)
c.lemon
Rep:
?
Cool. I thought I would have more problems with that. Thanks for the answers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.63%
I'm not sure (45)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (305)
29.76%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.63%
I'm not a current university student (498)
48.59%

Watched Threads