Should I purchase mygcsescience in year 10 or 11?

Watch
azurenights
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Good afternoon to you all! So I will be in year 10 this September and I was wondering if it would be better to purchase the paid packages of mygcsescience (so for me the Edexcel triple award which is £49.90) right now or in year 11. I understand that if I was to purchase it at the beginning of year 10, it will be more beneficial since the preparations start earlier the better but the subscription ends every year so if I was to purchase it now, I’d have to spend another £50 for next year. However do you think that it will it make much of a difference if I was to purchase and use it at the beginning of year 11? So do you guys think it will be better for me to buy it in year 10 or year 11?

Thank you all once again, I’ve been overthinking this for quite some time which is highly unnecessary but hey ho!
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by azurenights)
Good afternoon to you all! So I will be in year 10 this September and I was wondering if it would be better to purchase the paid packages of mygcsescience (so for me the Edexcel triple award which is £49.90) right now or in year 11. I understand that if I was to purchase it at the beginning of year 10, it will be more beneficial since the preparations start earlier the better but the subscription ends every year so if I was to purchase it now, I’d have to spend another £50 for next year. However do you think that it will it make much of a difference if I was to purchase and use it at the beginning of year 11? So do you guys think it will be better for me to buy it in year 10 or year 11?

Thank you all once again, I’ve been overthinking this for quite some time which is highly unnecessary but hey ho!
It's really up to you. If you find MyGCSEScience beneficial to your studies than you should purchase the paid packages. Alternatively FreeScienceLessons is really good as well.
Purplebottle
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

Save it till year 11, or purchase it in may which is when gcse start so you can have it a bit for year 10 and all of year 11
alevelphysicist
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Wait till year 11 for sure
cherry1011
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Tbh mygcse science probably saved me! I didn’t purchase it in year 10 because they only had the old spec. However in year 11 it was a great help and I wish that they’d had it for year10. Alongside my subscription I used ‘free science lessons’ on YouTube which really clarified the required practices more than MYGCSE science. The combination of two was really good and beneficial likewise
azurenights
Rep:
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
It's really up to you. If you find MyGCSEScience beneficial to your studies than you should purchase the paid packages. Alternatively FreeScienceLessons is really good as well.
Thank you for taking the time to reply back! I’m thinking of purchasing it next year since there is an endless quantity of great resources, such as, like you’ve stated FreeScienceLessons.
azurenights
Rep:
(Original post by alevelphysicist)
Wait till year 11 for sure
Thank you for your reply and I’m planning on purchasing it in year 11 now!!
azurenights
Rep:
(
(Original post by Purplebottle)
Save it till year 11, or purchase it in may which is when gcse start so you can have it a bit for year 10 and all of year 11
Thank you for your reply and that is now the plan!
azurenights
Rep:
(Original post by cherry1011)
Tbh mygcse science probably saved me! I didn’t purchase it in year 10 because they only had the old spec. However in year 11 it was a great help and I wish that they’d had it for year10. Alongside my subscription I used ‘free science lessons’ on YouTube which really clarified the required practices more than MYGCSE science. The combination of two was really good and beneficial likewise
Before I checked this to see the replies, I was just scrolling through your recent gcse forum!! I was wondering how helpful you found their checklists, if you had used it and did you make your notes purely based off their videos or did you use the AQA specification or checklists as a guide? Also, thank you for your reply and best of luck for results day, I’m sure all of your hard work has paid off!!
cherry1011
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Before I checked this to see the replies, I was just scrolling through your recent gcse forum!! I was wondering how helpful you found their checklists, if you had used it and did you make your notes purely based off their videos or did you use the AQA specification or checklists as a guide? Also, thank you for your reply and best of luck for results day, I’m sure all of your hard work has paid off!!
Thank you for the good wishes!! X I didn’t use their checklists instead I printed out the AQA specification bit by bit (depending on what section I was doing) and highlighted the parts that I knew I had understood/had revision materials for. I used both the videos, revision guides and the specification to gain this knowledge. Using the specification as your check list is great because you won’t be asked anything other than what is on the specification, maybe in a different form but the same info. To make sure you haven’t missed anything out and also the key vocab they use in the specification.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (34)
7.28%
October 2021 (212)
45.4%
November 2021 (52)
11.13%
December 2021 (61)
13.06%
January 2021 (52)
11.13%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.78%
Something else (15)
3.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise