This discussion is closed.
kst_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Do most medicine courses at university require triple science? I am in top set so it is likely I will be given the chance to do it but if, for whatever reason I don't, will it affect my chances of getting into university?
Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kst_xx)
Do most medicine courses at university require triple science? I am in top set so it is likely I will be given the chance to do it but if, for whatever reason I don't, will it affect my chances of getting into university?
No 😂
Combined science is so much easier and still decent. Triple is harder but going into alevel physic/biology/chemistry/maths you only need like grade 5/6 well for me I need 5 grade 5’s to get onto alevel programmes and your alevels are more important than GCSE’s.
For example I have a mate who got 5 in all sciences 3 grade 5’s but I got combined science 7/7 so I got 2 better grades. Don’t get me wrong maybe triple is more preferable but at the end of the day if you both get onto alevel and achieve the entry requirement grade then your all good ...
Top set don’t matter at all...
Combined is so much easier to get your top grades for alevel but still if your smart enough do triple but I don’t think it’ll make a major difference as someone who did combined can get onto same alevel as you and go same uni as you assuming you reach entry requirements. Most people in my school dropped out of triple and on combined they did so much better and they are still doing alevel sciences ...
Miriam29
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kst_xx)
There are no triple requirements for university. Triple science is more detailed than double, and this can help when going onto A Level sciences. But either way, it doesn’t matter.
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lmao no
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads