The Student Room Group

I’m giving away GCSE HELP

Hello, I’ve recently finished my GCSEs (moving on to year 12) I know that I kept really independent with my studies, although having some help Sometimes was defo needed. I’d really love to answer any questions/help, with any subject.Feel free.

I did
Biology, Chemistry, Physics= AQA
maths= edexcel
Media studies- AQA (full marks on my coursework)
RE= AQA islam and Christianity
English lit= Macbeth, frankenstein, inspector calls and love poetry
English lang= AQA
Geography= AQA (personally live in London)
Spanish= edexcel
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ngl most people like face to face help with this sort of thing, you’d be better off advertising locally .
Reply 2
when did you start revising?
Reply 3
Original post by abbhay
when did you start revising?

I did light revision starting September leading up to mocks, then around January time I really started to do more intense study sessions. In which I got what I gave (impressive results that made me happy).
How did you revise case studies for geography?
Reply 5
Original post by laurawatt
How did you revise case studies for geography?

There’s defo a lot of case studies to learn. Firstly I would most definitely recommended the GCSE geography revision guide by hodder education (this helped me get the facts/statistics better than CGP). Using this book I made individual flash cards for each case studies. For example hurricane Katrina I would make a flash card for primary, secondary etc effects and bunch the cards together with a paper clip. This way you remain organised and can test yourself easily on each ‘section to the case study. The night before the exam what I’d do was make a brainstorm for each case study, testing what I knew (without looking back at any info), then filling in any knowledge I missed out and focused on what I didn’t remember. Also, practising how to apply your knowledge of the case studies into exam questions. You could know the eg 1000 people were killed but the question could ask what the EFFECT of that was on a certain thing.
What are you predicted?
Say I wanted to be way faster at studying alone. How would I go about doing that?
Reply 8
Original post by AspiringAccount
Say I wanted to be way faster at studying alone. How would I go about doing that?

I was very independent with my studies too. Firstly, don’t follow the way that your school will tell you to revise (e.g just homework sheets) you have to follow your OWN way. For me personally I had bought a notebook, some flash cards and using my revision guides I simplified notes down to a way in which I could access them easily. Then I did some test questions I found either in the books or online. With every subject I had different ways of going about it. For example English is much harder to revise, so I wrote practise essays and increased my vocabulary by creating a word bank (very important for English language) and also quote sheets. Maths I did lots of practise papers. Sciences I did the notebook technique^^ and paid for MYGCSE science (which is great if you are a visual independent learner). Instead of having a timetable (it didn’t work for me) I made a list of things I needed to revise/ get done for the week. That way I wouldn’t feel pressured to immediate get going but to have it AT LEAST done by a certain time so that I stayed on track. PM me or DM me on @studysznn Instagram if you’d like me to go into more detail about each individual subject further resources.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by pinkbacon1437
What are you predicted?

I don’t necessarily want to say but they are hopefully grades that I feel I’d be very proud of. I’m quite the academic person. Feel free to PM me and I can tell you there.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by cherry1011
I was very independent with my studies too. Firstly, don’t follow the way that your school will tell you to revise (e.g just homework sheets) you have to follow your OWN way. For me personally I had bought a notebook, some flash cards and using my revision guides I simplified notes down to a way in which I could access them easily. Then I did some test questions I found either in the books or online. With every subject I had different ways of going about it. For example English is much harder to revise, so I wrote practise essays and increased my vocabulary by creating a word bank (very important for English language) and also quote sheets. Maths I did lots of practise papers. Sciences I did the notebook technique^^ and paid for MYGCSE science (which is great if you are a visual independent learner). Instead of having a timetable (it didn’t work for me) I made a list of things I needed to revise/ get done for the week. That way I wouldn’t feel pressured to immediate get going but to have it AT LEAST done by a certain time so that I stayed on track. PM me or DM me on @studysznn Instagram if you’d like me to go into more detail about each individual subject further resources.

That's some damn fine advice. So i'm a homeschool student, you happen to have any advice for the following predicament; Once I finish my biology and chemistry courses I plan to move swiftly onto English literature and English language, but unfortunately I suck terribly at both so How would I go about doing this? I have seperate courses for both which are compulsory to complete. So you got anything?
Reply 11
Hello, I’ve recently finished my GCSEs (moving on to year 12) I know that I kept really independent with my studies, although having some help Sometimes was defo needed. I’d really love to answer any questions/help, with any subject.Feel free.

I did
Biology, Chemistry, Physics= AQA
maths= edexcel
Media studies- AQA (full marks on my coursework)
RE= AQA islam and Christianity
English lit= Macbeth, frankenstein, inspector calls and love poetry
English lang= AQA
Geography= AQA (personally live in London)
Spanish= edexcel

You'd be very welcome to help out in the subject-specific Study Help forums on TSR.

Just avoid giving complete answers. Students need guidance and tips, not the actual answers... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep getting grade 4s for English lit and Lang what can I do to go 2 levels up for my mocks (I’m going to yr 11 in a few weeks💔). Oh and would u say starting light revision from September then hardcore later on in the yr didn’t cause much stress because I don’t want to be dealing with a lot of stress next yr.
Original post by Safsssx
I keep getting grade 4s for English lit and Lang what can I do to go 2 levels up for my mocks (I’m going to yr 11 in a few weeks💔). Oh and would u say starting light revision from September then hardcore later on in the yr didn’t cause much stress because I don’t want to be dealing with a lot of stress next yr.

What exam board are you doing? also what novel, play, book and poetry anthology? Starting light revision is defo the way to go as you won’t be full on panicked around GCSE time
(edited 5 years ago)
That's some damn fine advice. So i'm a homeschool student, you happen to have any advice for the following predicament; Once I finish my biology and chemistry courses I plan to move swiftly onto English literature and English language, but unfortunately I suck terribly at both so How would I go about doing this? I have seperate courses for both which are compulsory to complete. So you got anything?

Sorry do you mean you suck at English lit and English language? Also what exam board are you? And play, novel you plan on doing?
(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry do you mean you suck at English lit and English language? Also what exam board are you? And play, novel you plan on doing?

The answers are in order. 1- Exactly, 2- English lit - edexcel, English lang- AQA, 3- I can screenshot the course to give you a better understanding but put simply; Frankenstein is the novel and the plays (I assume) are Twelfth night and an inspector calls That's for english literature. But english language is just prep for both aspects of the exam it seems. Seriously though if you looked at this course you would pass out. I've got the screenshots just ask.
The answers are in order. 1- Exactly, 2- English lit - edexcel, English lang- AQA, 3- I can screenshot the course to give you a better understanding but put simply; Frankenstein is the novel and the plays (I assume) are Twelfth night and an inspector calls That's for english literature. But english language is just prep for both aspects of the exam it seems. Seriously though if you looked at this course you would pass out. I've got the screenshots just ask.

Just PM me! I did Frankenstein, Macbeth And Inspector calls
(edited 5 years ago)
Just PM me! I did Frankenstein, Macbeth And Inspector calls

Got it i'll pm you if I run into trouble. Thanks.
Got it i'll pm you if I run into trouble. Thanks.

Please feel free to And good luck with everything
Please feel free to And good luck with everything

thanks. Oh and you too.

Quick Reply