Is this wrong? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am really good friends with my ex, we really loved each other but the only reason we broke up is because we have different values which it comes to raising kids so we know there was not point in trying because it was bound to fail. Since we broke up on good terms we have the 'deal' that either of us are unmarried by the age of 35 we will get married but not have kids. Because we get on really well.

This was now 2 years ago and i have a new girlfriend which share the same values as me when it comes to raising a family and having kids. And i we both love each other very much. One day ago she came to know of the deal with my ex and she is upset and mad at me.

What should i do? Am i in the worng.
lucyduncan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am really good friends with my ex, we really loved each other but the only reason we broke up is because we have different values which it comes to raising kids so we know there was not point in trying because it was bound to fail. Since we broke up on good terms we have the 'deal' that either of us are unmarried by the age of 35 we will get married but not have kids. Because we get on really well.

This was now 2 years ago and i have a new girlfriend which share the same values as me when it comes to raising a family and having kids. And i we both love each other very much. One day ago she came to know of the deal with my ex and she is upset and mad at me.

What should i do? Am i in the worng.
I don’t think you’re in the wrong; this is something you arranged before you met your new girlfriend and potentially the situation has changed, your girlfriend should understand this
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ManLike007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Since we broke up on good terms we have the 'deal' that either of us are unmarried by the age of 35 we will get married but not have kids. Because we get on really well.
One day ago she came to know of the deal with my ex and she is upset and mad at me.
Why are you even surprised? Clearly you're still in love with your ex, you should move on. This 'deal' literally carries no benefit, I don't even understand why it became a thing, this deal would be suitable if you were still with your ex because you both agreed on this but you're not.

i have a new girlfriend which share the same values as me when it comes to raising a family and having kids. And i we both love each other very much.
So why don't you listen to each other then? Bringing your ex into the image for no good reason isn't going to bring any benefit. Whether you like it or not, you wouldn't like it if your current gf was bringing her ex-bf into your relationship.

Both you and your gf want to have kids but this deal prevents you? It's not fair on yourself and your gf who wants to have kids. Just because you disagreed on how you'll raise your kids with your ex means no kids for both of you in the future?

(I know I sounded like I'm having a dig at you but I sincerely apologise, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone, it's just unfair on your gf)

Honestly, it would've been best if you told her this before entering the relationship so she would've been aware
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (115)
17.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (113)
17.3%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.85%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (196)
30.02%

Watched Threads