I passed all modules apart from one

Watch
BusinessGirl2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was just wondering if i need to pass every single module in order to proceed onto second year? i have only failed one module by 8% and i am worried that i will not pass the resit. does anyone know what happens next?
thank you.
RhymeAsylumForever
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BusinessGirl2)
I was just wondering if i need to pass every single module in order to proceed onto second year? i have only failed one module by 8% and i am worried that i will not pass the resit. does anyone know what happens next?
thank you.
It all depends on your uni... in my first year I didn't turn up to one exam and received 0 (10 credit, 100%) but didn't need to resit as I compensated and averaged like 61 without it. Some uni's allow soft fails (=>30) in core modules and dont allow hard fails (<30).

Btw my fail was NOT a core exam, it was an optional so it didn't really matter
username3661762
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In my uni if a student doesn't pass a module they have to retake; usually a letter + email with resubmission deadlines would be sent so they would get a chance to make up for the failed module. IDK if the same applies to your uni but the best thing to do is contact your course tutor so you can find out the details just to be sure.
Harmony1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there.... it’s crazy because the exact same thing happened to me and I’m in my first year! Failed one module by 8% and I did my retake... still awaiting results ( I reckon I smashed it! ☺️) It all depends on your uni and their rules and regulations but usually retakes are capped at 40% (at least with my uni they are) & to pass you really only have to do the bare minimum. Plus it’s only the first year so it’s likely you’ll get onto the second year anyways!

Good luck hope all goes well!
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BusinessGirl2)
thank you.
Hi,

If you fail by more than 2% you won't be eligible for condonement and will have to do a resit. It will be capped at 40%. You'll receive more details, of what format and when your resit will take place around the end of August. I would contact your schools office if you have any more questions.

Good luck!
Josh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads