The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle accommodation

Hi, my son is also in the same position. He has not been allocated any of his 8 choices. He specifically requires an ensuite accommodation. He has been allocated Leazes Parade. How does he go about changing this?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Sandcastle1
Hi, my son is also in the same position. He has not been allocated any of his 8 choices. He specifically requires an ensuite accommodation. He has been allocated Leazes Parade. How does he go about changing this?

Hi Sandcastle1,

Our teams do try and meet as many top accommodation choices as we can, however this is not always possible due to demand. Having said this, students who received none of their choices will be top priority for our team come reallocation on Results Day, when our team will be sending an additional email to offer alternative accommodations for those that missed their choices the first time round. Though, it is worth noting that we can't guarantee he'll get the accommodation he wants as spaces available will depend on demand (based on how many students have declined their outstanding accommodation offers on the day).

If you'd like to discuss this further, your best contact would be our dedicated team at [email protected].

Hope this helps 😊

Susie
Hello,

Thought I might jump in here, you can look at the private sector - there are many choices of ensuite room with competitive rates so you can find the best suit.

Happy house hunting!

Lucy @ Market House
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Sandcastle1,

Our teams do try and meet as many top accommodation choices as we can, however this is not always possible due to demand. Having said this, students who received none of their choices will be top priority for our team come reallocation on Results Day, when our team will be sending an additional email to offer alternative accommodations for those that missed their choices the first time round. Though, it is worth noting that we can't guarantee he'll get the accommodation he wants as spaces available will depend on demand (based on how many students have declined their outstanding accommodation offers on the day).

If you'd like to discuss this further, your best contact would be our dedicated team at [email protected].

Hope this helps 😊

Susie

u mentioned that newcastle would send an additional email to offer alternative accommodation for those that missed their choices, but i havent received this? also im in a similar position to the person above, where none of my 6 preferences or my alternatives preferences have been met, is there rly nothing that can be done?

i havent received an email telling to me confirm my accommodation either, is this because ive got no choice but to accept what ive been given?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by hatorgator
u mentioned that newcastle would send an additional email to offer alternative accommodation for those that missed their choices, but i havent received this? also im in a similar position to the person above, where none of my 6 preferences or my alternatives preferences have been met, is there rly nothing that can be done?

i havent received an email telling to me confirm my accommodation either, is this because ive got no choice but to accept what ive been given?

Hi hatorgator,

Very odd! If you'd like to Inbox me your application number I'll query this with our accommodation team for you right away.

Hope this helps,

Susie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending