Lemasaied
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I applied to dentistry this year and I did receive three interviews. however I was unsuccessful in all three of them. is there a chance to apply to these unis through clearing: Newcastle, Leeds, Birmingham?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lemasaied)
I applied to dentistry this year and I did receive three interviews. however I was unsuccessful in all three of them. is there a chance to apply to these unis through clearing: Newcastle, Leeds, Birmingham?
At the moment, there are no dentistry courses listed in the UCAS clearing search. You can check for yourself here:
https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...Text=dentistry

It would be rare to see a dentistry course in clearing, but I think there were one or two last year, so do check again on A-level results day.

If there's nothing listed, do check university websites and it may be worth giving unis themselves a ring, as some unis won't list courses like dentistry if they only have one or two vacancies as they know their clearing lines will be overwhelmed.

However, I'd say your chances of finding a dentistry place via clearing are pretty low (even if there are places there will be lots of competition for them)- so you should also think about plan B for next year.
adsasda
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Lemasaied)
Which universities did you get interview for
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
13.92%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (48)
13.64%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (130)
36.93%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (37)
10.51%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.32%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
5.68%

Watched Threads