The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

How good is NTU Business School? (vs Aston?)

Hello, so I have applied to NTU and other universities for International Business MSc postgraduate courses and I am looking for a way to better understand my choices. I dont really care about 'prestige' or a good name, Im wondering which University offers the better course, facilities, careers services and also overall student experience. The main contender to NTU is Aston.

So from what Ive gathered both are good universities, but I have no gauge on how good NTU business school actually is. Ive been looking for some discussion about this but to no avail. NTU was on Financial Times top 100 business schools for 2017, not sure how much that means, and it seems like its regarded well by employees but to what extent I cant tell.

I would really appreciate any positive input on this.
Original post by DirtyHarry01
Hello, so I have applied to NTU and other universities for International Business MSc postgraduate courses and I am looking for a way to better understand my choices. I dont really care about 'prestige' or a good name, Im wondering which University offers the better course, facilities, careers services and also overall student experience. The main contender to NTU is Aston.

So from what Ive gathered both are good universities, but I have no gauge on how good NTU business school actually is. Ive been looking for some discussion about this but to no avail. NTU was on Financial Times top 100 business schools for 2017, not sure how much that means, and it seems like its regarded well by employees but to what extent I cant tell.

I would really appreciate any positive input on this.

Hi @DirtyHarry01

I am a 4th year student at NBS so hopefully I'll be able to give you some insight into my experiences at NTU. In terms of ranking, the business school was recently accredited with AACSB and EQUIS, which are the highest to be gained by Business schools. This puts NBS in the top 1% of Business Schools in the world.

There are so many great aspects to the business school - the first thing that drew me to it was the modern facilities that are on offer, probably sounds quite menial but being able to study in a place that didn't feel like school classrooms was quite key to me.

NBS has loads of really strong links to industry, from placement opportunities to work experience, there's always opportunities to get involved and enhance your CV. The dedicated employability team are always on hand to help with CV's etc.

Another really positive aspect for me is the teaching, all of the lecturers are experts in the field and all of the one's I have come in contact with over my 3 years have all been really approachable and on hand to give advice when needed.

I personally think that NTU is a university that's on the rise and there's a really great feel about the place!

Hope that gives you a flavour, but let me know if you have any specific questions :smile:

Chris - NTU rep
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
One of the things that really appeals to me is travelling abroad either as part of work placements or as an extension to the course. Ideally I would like the opportunity to travel to the east, somewhere like Korea, Japan or Hong Kong. Does NTU grant anything like that?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by DirtyHarry01
One of the things that really appeals to me is travelling abroad either as part of work placements or as an extension to the course. Ideally I would like the opportunity to travel to the east, somewhere like Korea, Japan or Hong Kong. Does NTU grant anything like that?

You wouldn't be able to do a placement as such, but there is the option to go abroad to Europe in the second semester.

If you were to do the MSc International Business Dual award, you would have the option to go to our partner university National Sun Yat-sen University in Taiwan where you can study for an MBA in Global Human Resource Management (HRM).

Chris - NTU rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending