The Student Room Group

What do I do now?

Hello guys,

So basically I've never had much luck with girls and randomly I match with someone who seems perfect for me on Tinder.

I start talking to her, add her on snapchat etc and it seems to be going really well but suddenly it feels like I've annoyed her somehow. The whole time I've been the one to initiate conversation but she always seems to respond regardless. She says she is interested but I have my doubts. Anyway as I said, it feels like I've annoyed her and I'm not sure what I did wrong. She suddenly starting responding in a manner which suggests she's trying to drive me away but she hasn't directly told me so. I'm genuinely ****ing tragic with girls and I've always had the feeling I'll be alone for the rest of my life until now when I've stupidly fell for someone I've never met. I feel like I should just put an end to it but she's still someone I thought I could really like.

(Talking to girls stresses me out, I don't want to say anything wrong and I would never speak badly to one)

I don't know what to do... Help please.
Reply 1
And before anyone says it. I know, that's ****ing sad but I don't care. She doesn't seem to care that I feel this way either.
(edited 5 years ago)
I am really sorry that this has happened to you. If it makes you feel better most people have encountered this to some degree in dating. Unfortunately it isn't unique to your situation and the good news is as it can and does happen it doesn't (shouldn't) stop people from getting out there and trying it again with someone new.

If I were you I'd take her hint and back away. I would stop all contact with her tbh. Then if she is interested in you she'll reach out. But, being that you're the only one who has in general imitated the conversations I don't expect that she will contact you. Some girls (like some guys) are just flakes. I'm good friends with this girl who is always complaining about not having a bf but whenever any guy (even one she expressed interest in) shows her interest she withdraws and says she doesn't know what to do and isn't interested anymore. This has been a repeating cycle for her because she's cute but she self-sabotages herself. The girl you met through Tinder may be the same.

All you can do is leave her alone and if she wants to she'll contact you. In the meantime don't let yourself get defeated there is someone else out there hoping some nice, respectful guy will swipe right on her. Don't get discouraged. But, if you find yourself in this situation again..... newly meeting a girl via Tinder online remember initially less is more. Don't over communicate and don't let her know how enthusiastic you are too too. Play it cool..... hard to do but it is essential.... some girls will get scared off. Reach out to the girl and communicate but if you find you're the only one initiating contact stop for a couple of days and see what happens. Then when you text her again and she seems happy to hear from you then, great! You just don't want to come across too keen too soon. And texting her on a regular basis right of the bat will make her think that. Remember to go slow and steady.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending