How can i improve my diet to loose weight ? (pic)

Watch
bonbonoj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I find i have a calorie deficit diet but i don't loose weight from it.
How can i improve my diet to loose weight? And to be more healthy?
This is a random any day eating. I'm vegetarian btw!
e.g. should i eat less carbs/x? eat more x?

Thanks!
skylarwalker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I avoided white bread and juice drinks particularly,other things to avoid are the obvious ones such as fizzy drinks and cakes etc.My friend was on a no carb diet,personally i dont think its worth the effort,it is more like a quick fix
bonbonoj
Rep:
?
(Original post by skylarwalker)
I avoided white bread and juice drinks particularly,other things to avoid are the obvious ones such as fizzy drinks and cakes etc.My friend was on a no carb diet,personally i dont think its worth the effort,it is more like a quick fix
Thanks. I switched to brown bread a few weeks ago actually. I don't often eat cake at all myself (aside from french fancies..)
I drink orange juice almost every day, but try avoid from concentrate juice!
yeah, i'll cut down on my coke haha ^^;
I think a no carb diet would be super hard on me... but i think i'd like to cut down on it and see if it helps!
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by skylarwalker)
White bread and fizzy drinks don't make you gain weight and avoiding them won't make you lose weight, unless you replace what you were having with stuff that was lower in calories. I drink a lot of Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max when I'm dieting as they're satisfying and they contain no calories and I eat a fair bit of white bread as a sandwich is around 300 calories, I still lose about 1kg a week.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
how are you in a calorie deficit but not losing weight? is it possible you're eating more calories than you think you are?

if you're vegetarian, are you eating a lot of cheese? maybe consider cutting back as cheese has a lot of calories. i know nuts are healthy for you, but i would also avoid those as they are calorie dense. also get rid of salad dressing - use salsa or hot sauce instead. just some ideas.
bonbonoj
Rep:
?
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
White bread and fizzy drinks don't make you gain weight and avoiding them won't make you lose weight, unless you replace what you were having with stuff that was lower in calories. I drink a lot of Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max when I'm dieting as they're satisfying and they contain no calories and I eat a fair bit of white bread as a sandwich is around 300 calories, I still lose about 1kg a week.
I only drink diet coke myself yeah. Ok i'll keep at that every now and then.
gratz on your.. losses? :^D
thanks

(Original post by Joleee)
how are you in a calorie deficit but not losing weight? is it possible you're eating more calories than you think you are?

if you're vegetarian, are you eating a lot of cheese? maybe consider cutting back as cheese has a lot of calories. i know nuts are healthy for you, but i would also avoid those as they are calorie dense. also get rid of salad dressing - use salsa or hot sauce instead. just some ideas.
It's all pretty much correct but i know it's not exact . I think i'll try properly counting and weighing things for a few days and get to see exactly what i'm eating and see what the results are then. I still think i'm underrating even by a bit though.
I do eat some cheese. I have been thinking about trying to cut back a lot more dairy, so maybe i should see if that helps!
thanks
Anonymoususer2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Avoid bread. Brown is worse then white. Try to converte to rice cakes or totilia wraps if you must. But if you can, cut it out completely. Stop with the fizzy drinks and Stick to just water, green tea and orange juice or apple. But natural you want natural sugar. Not added sugar but within reason
DHeeney84
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymoususer2)
Brown is worse then white. Stop with the fizzy drinks and Stick to just water, green tea and orange juice or apple.
Who's been lying to you? Brown worse than white? Orange juice or apple juice better than sugar free soft drinks? You're smoking something...
Anonymoususer2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DHeeney84)
Who's been lying to you? Brown worse than white? Orange juice or apple juice better than sugar free soft drinks? You're smoking something...
Concerning weight loss brown is worse then white. Its heavyer you put on weight alot. pure orange juice and apple juice is natrul sugar all these sugar free soft drinks are filled with chemicals and are not healthy.
DHeeney84
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Concerning weight loss brown is worse then white. Its heavyer you put on weight alot. pure orange juice and apple juice is natrul sugar all these sugar free soft drinks are filled with chemicals and are not healthy.
Go research how many people pile on the pounds by consuming gallons of fruit smoothies then we can continue this conversation, we're not arguing the merits of artificial sweeteners we're talking about weight loss/calorie control. Brown is not "heavier" it's a simple case of calories, nutritional value and digestion quality...where are you getting this information from?
Anonymoususer2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DHeeney84)
Go research how many people pile on the pounds by consuming gallons of fruit smoothies then we can continue this conversation, brown is not "heavier" it's a simple case of calories, nutritional value and digestion quality...
I never said gallons. I said within reason. I don't need to do any research. Brown is heavier then white bread and The fact you think no added soft drinks are better then natural fruit juices is a joke.
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found that the only thing that worked for me is slimming world, just had to make small changes such as controlling how much milk I drink, oil I use in cooking, sugar etc. it costs money but tbh the information about how it works is on many blogs online so you could just google it and make a menu for each week tailored to the slimming world programme and hopefully you will see some results
DHeeney84
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I never said gallons. I said within reason. I don't need to do any research. Brown is heavier then white bread and The fact you think no added soft drinks are better then natural fruit juices is a joke.
In terms of calorie content? They are, would you care to provide proof otherwise?
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How have you calculated that this is actually a deficit for you? Something is up if you’re not losing weight over a period of time. I think it’s likely a combination of the app underestimating calories/your portions being bigger than you think and maybe your TDEE being lower than you’ve calculated.
AKB2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bonbonoj)
e.g. should i eat less carbs/x? eat more x?

Thanks!
Each body is different , the general rule is eat less carbs and more protein, eat healthy fats and eat fresh as much as you can. The last thing is the most important, and is why people from different cultures who eat a ton but always eat fresh are so skinny. Anything processed isn’t good for your body, in my opinion. At the end of the day, enjoy what you eat, otherwise you won’t stick to it.
gigoballeto21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bonbonoj)
e.g. should i eat less carbs/x? eat more x? Audacity Find My iPhone Origin

Thanks!
and here's some tips to lose weight even faster: Eat a high-protein breakfast. ... Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. ... Drink water a half hour before meals. ... Choose weight loss-friendly foods (see list). ... Eat soluble fiber. ... Drink coffee or tea. ... Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. ... Eat your food slowly.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just looking to your table I can see a few things are off. I can basically guarantee your srvings of friea at 5 guys was more than 100g likely double.

Did your weigh your cereal? You'd be surprised most people pour more than double the "serving size" into their biwl in the morning.

You have 1tbsp of chocolate milk recorded? Just, what?

Again with the rice, did you weigh it? Again likely to have had double the amount.

What about oils and sauces when cooking?

Something is amiss in terms of calories.

And no, no specific type of diet with help. Only being in a calorie deficit will make you lose weight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.49%
I'm not sure (11)
2.99%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (127)
34.51%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.63%
I'm not a current university student (167)
45.38%

Watched Threads