blachic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I just opened up my results and I got A C C C C I don’t want to go to college and I would like to know what uni and what uni courses accept these results???
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by blachic)
So I just opened up my results and I got A C C C C I don’t want to go to college and I would like to know what uni and what uni courses accept these results???
Short answer - yes.

Long answer - First, congrats on your results! You may not be overly pleased with them but that's still a pretty good foundation you've set up there. Unis are more interested in the Highers you do if that's what you're going on to do next year. Do you know how many Highers you'll be able to do? Your school may allow you to take a number even in the subjects you get Cs in. As long as you meet basic Nat 5 requirements (this will depend on your course, i.e. Maths and English grade C, Science at C), the rest of your grades won't have much of an effect on your applications.
blachic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
Short answer - yes.

Long answer - First, congrats on your results! You may not be overly pleased with them but that's still a pretty good foundation you've set up there. Unis are more interested in the Highers you do if that's what you're going on to do next year. Do you know how many Highers you'll be able to do? Your school may allow you to take a number even in the subjects you get Cs in. As long as you meet basic Nat 5 requirements (this will depend on your course, i.e. Maths and English grade C, Science at C), the rest of your grades won't have much of an effect on your applications.
Thank you so much for replying in S6 in my school you are only allowed to do 4 highers. Im hoping to do more highers this year and improving my CV. Again thanks agin for the reply (it made me feel so much better).
Tumsch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it depends what course you want to do. My daughter got BCCD last year AAB this year (she dropped AH english as didn't need for offer) and just got accepted to Edinburgh she had offers from all 5 choices including Glasgow but was Dumfries campus as main campus wanted results in S5. She had strong statement/references and many extra's. It can be done with some courses. Also check you were not off by 1 or 2 marks maybe can get remark.
blachic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tumsch)
I think it depends what course you want to do. My daughter got BCCD last year AAB this year (she dropped AH english as didn't need for offer) and just got accepted to Edinburgh she had offers from all 5 choices including Glasgow but was Dumfries campus as main campus wanted results in S5. She had strong statement/references and many extra's. It can be done with some courses. Also check you were not off by 1 or 2 marks maybe can get remark.
Thanks for the advice I will definitely look into it!!
Webb010101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tumsch)
Would you mind telling me what subjects your daughters grades were in and what course she got accepted for at university, basically because I just found out that I got similar results -B,C,C,C,D - and thought that no uni would take me, especially a Russel group uni like Edinburgh. Thanks a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads