officialzak_2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Could someone please explain this to question. I put down not important at all cause I thought it doesn’t matter as long as he is helping so him not being highly skilled wasn’t that important Name:  A2848A1B-8EC4-4577-919E-7A845B4A030D.jpg.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  13.1 KB
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by officialzak_2001)
Could someone please explain this to question. I put down not important at all cause I thought it doesn’t matter as long as he is helping so him not being highly skilled wasn’t that important Name:  A2848A1B-8EC4-4577-919E-7A845B4A030D.jpg.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  13.1 KB
It is important because he is a junior doctor and definitely isn't the most qualified to be teaching his colleague skills; the key word isn't the helping part, it highlights the word: skills. While the doctor in question wants to help his colleague, he needs to recognise that he wouldn't be able to take complete control of his colleague's training and to single handedly help him succeed, if that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
officialzak_2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
It is important because he is a junior doctor and definitely isn't the most qualified to be teaching his colleague skills; the key word isn't the helping part, it highlights the word: skills. While the doctor in question wants to help his colleague, he needs to recognise that he wouldn't be able to take complete control of his colleague's training and to single handedly help him succeed, if that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks for explaining and one more thing why isn't it very important rather than important
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by officialzak_2001)
thanks for explaining and one more thing why isn't it very important rather than important
How I would rationalise it is that the most important thing would be to help the colleague, so while understanding his own skills in the matter is important in the context of the problem; it does not directly help solve the conundrum itself so it's not very important.

No problem, hope it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For me the underlying principle here is always knowing your limits. If you always acknowledge that you might be wrong, that mistakes can always happen, that you arenot perfect, you won't be incorrect.

In actuality this question is kind of nonsense - they haven't said what he is struggling with and whilst it might be his knowledge of cardiology or something, most of what a junior doctor does day to day and things i would consider "skills" are purely organisational and practical, two things which actually a fellow junior doctor may be ideally placed to deal with. But when faced with a clearly leading question about recnognising your limits as above, i would always always attach high importance to being humble.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads