The Student Room Group

EPQ difference?

Im doing a 6000 word dissertation and my structure consists of an introduction, literature review, discussion and a conclusion.
I have completed the introduction and literature review however I can't seem to start the discussion, my dissertation is based on whether genetic engineering is moral or not so in my literature review i stated all of the points for/against by different sources etc. In the discussion i am supposed to state my interpretations however wouldn't this just be the same as the literature review.
Very distressed, would appreciate it if someone could help me out
Do you have an opinion? The lit review is other people’s opinions and ideas. The discussion is your chance to summarise all that and give your spin on it.

Did you start with an opinion on this, or didn’t know what to think? Say so. Now say, the case for and the case against, and maybe any on the fence or off-on-a-tangent ideas. Then, have you changed your mind? Or still don’t know?

This exercise should give you some ideas for what to put in your discussion, I’m sure others will come along soon.
Original post by Goldentime
Do you have an opinion? The lit review is other people’s opinions and ideas. The discussion is your chance to summarise all that and give your spin on it.

Did you start with an opinion on this, or didn’t know what to think? Say so. Now say, the case for and the case against, and maybe any on the fence or off-on-a-tangent ideas. Then, have you changed your mind? Or still don’t know?

This exercise should give you some ideas for what to put in your discussion, I’m sure others will come along soon.

Thank you very much, I wrote the structure for it last night so today im going to write it
Good! I hope you are getting it whipped into shape.

Quick Reply

Latest