What are the highest paying STEM jobs?

Watch
throwaway21231
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I hear a lot about petroleum engineering, software engineering, and actuarial science paying really well but are there any other well-paying fields many STEM graduates go into out of curiosity?
have
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by throwaway21231)
I hear a lot about petroleum engineering, software engineering, and actuarial science paying really well but are there any other well-paying fields many STEM graduates go into out of curiosity?
>petroleum engineering
if you're in the right country

>software engineering
:rofl: don't make me laugh

>actuarial science
well paid, not that much fun though

If you're searching for jobs starting off with which ones are the highest paid, you're not doing it right. No point finding a well paid job that you're no good at and don't ****ing enjoy.
throwaway21231
Rep:
?
I was just wondering out of curiosity not because I wanted to choose that job. I'm currently not even aiming for a STEM degree because it doesn't interest me, I just wanted to see what the "go to" high paying STEM jobs were since everyone seems to be saying that a STEM degree is the way to go if you want to have a stable, high-earning career.

Also, Software Engineers get paid 6 figures right after they're hired if you land a job at a big company like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, etc.
marupe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by throwaway21231)
I was just wondering out of curiosity not because I wanted to choose that job. I'm currently not even aiming for a STEM degree because it doesn't interest me, I just wanted to see what the "go to" high paying STEM jobs were since everyone seems to be saying that a STEM degree is the way to go if you want to have a stable, high-earning career.

Also, Software Engineers get paid 6 figures right after they're hired if you land a job at a big company like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, etc.
it's pretty difficult to get a job there...
throwaway21231
Rep:
?
(Original post by marupe)
it's pretty difficult to get a job there...
It's also difficult for law students to get a job in a law firm or business students to get a job at an investment bank but it's still possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.28%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (695)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (338)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.56%

Watched Threads