Degrees that lead to jobs that pay starting salaries of 35k+ Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hirsty97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Tell me some because I'm making 650 a week now and don't want to go to university to earn less especially considering I don't have expenses as still live at home.

My job requires no training, experience, so I'll be dismayed if I go to univeristy get indebted and earn less. Downsides of my job are that no scale for progression and it might not be sustainable years down the line.
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Economics or Accounting & Finance degree.
At an investment bank, grads make 75k pounds (90k usd) in the first year. Of course, to get that money you need banks like JP Morgran. To get there, you need a good school like LSE. to get to lse, you need perfect A levels and gcses
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hirsty97)
Tell me some because I'm making 650 a week now and don't want to go to university to earn less especially considering I don't have expenses as still live at home.

My job requires no training, experience, so I'll be dismayed if I go to univeristy get indebted and earn less. Downsides of my job are that no scale for progression and it might not be sustainable years down the line.
What are you doing tho?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Very, very, very, very few.
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what a great way to reach the top
Hirsty97
Rep:
?
(Original post by SomMC1)
Economics or Accounting & Finance degree.
At an investment bank, grads make 75k pounds (90k usd) in the first year. Of course, to get that money you need banks like JP Morgran. To get there, you need a good school like LSE. to get to lse, you need perfect A levels and gcses
From my research banks like JP and GS give starting salaries of 45k where you can hope to make 10k in bonuses. Making 50k in London is like making 35k where I live. When I consider rent, travel, tax I'll have 1k I can save a month. I can save more now and have a better lifestyle. My hours atm are 60-80 hour weeks with £8-12 an hour. Banking hours are even crazier. Say I do 100 hour weeks for 55k a year that's only £10.58 an hour. Ha. Barely makes London's living wage.
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From my research banks like JP and GS give starting salaries of 45k where you can hope to make 10k in bonuses. Making 50k in London is like making 35k where I live. When I consider rent, travel, tax I'll have 1k I can save a month. I can save more now and have a better lifestyle. My hours atm are 60-80 hour weeks with £8-12 an hour. Banking hours are even crazier. Say I do 100 hour weeks for 55k a year that's only £10.58 an hour. Ha. Barely makes London's living wage.
The money potential keeps on increasing and the hours stabalise at less than 100. Getting into an IB is pretty much impossible due to the large competition though.
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

degrees don't lead to jobs my dude, people and their potential + work ethic + drive + intelligence + knowledge + skillsets do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1207499
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No degree 'leads to' 35k. In Europe starting salaries for grads are like 24k. If you want to make that much as a starting salary it's statistically unlikely.
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you join the Army as an Officer, starting pay during training is around £30k and then increases to £40k+ when you reach Captain, which is about 3-4 years into your career.

Majors make around £52k. May seem like a long time but get to the higher ranks and you'll be easily making £100k+
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Better off just looking into other ways to make money in your free time, mate. Matched betting, Forex or Crypto trading, stock marketing, stuff like that. It can prove to be very lucrative if you've got good cashflow to start up with - a lot of folks end up cutting their work hours or even quitting work completely if they get good at one of these and make a lot of cash from them. I only work 16 hours a week myself and the rest of my money I make up from dabbling in these sorts of things and I'm doing pretty well for myself.
Hirsty97
Rep:
?
(Original post by SomMC1)
The money potential keeps on increasing and the hours stabalise at less than 100. Getting into an IB is pretty much impossible due to the large competition though.
Am aware. But is it worth the sacrifice of my 20s. It's hard but not as hard as in the US I think especially for other ibanks
bspercy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this £650/w post or pre tax? I currently make £400-550 a day but I'm self employed and still in university so it's not technically a full committed job.
Hirsty97
Rep:
?
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Better off just looking into other ways to make money in your free time, mate. Matched betting, Forex or Crypto trading, stock marketing, stuff like that. It can prove to be very lucrative if you've got good cashflow to start up with - a lot of folks end up cutting their work hours or even quitting work completely if they get good at one of these and make a lot of cash from them. I only work 16 hours a week myself and the rest of my money I make up from dabbling in these sorts of things and I'm doing pretty well for myself.
Am doing got a lot of books to get through before I start investing though. If I can have 200k saved by 30-35 I hope to "retire" and live off multiple streams of income.
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Programming.
bspercy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Very, very, very, very few.
That's pretty incorrect. My sister earns £10k/month as a contractor/KYC analyst working in Luxembourg and her academic resume is agreeably sub-par
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bspercy)
That's pretty incorrect. My sister earns £10k/month as a contractor/KYC analyst working in Luxembourg and her academic resume is agreeably sub-par
We're in the UK, not Luxembourg. Nobody asked about salaries in other countries.
Hirsty97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Princepieman)
degrees don't lead to jobs my dude, people and their potential + work ethic + drive + intelligence + knowledge + skillsets do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ofc. But I need to be in the right field otherwise I'd end up as a zoologist making 20k a year
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Am doing got a lot of books to get through before I start investing though. If I can have 200k saved by 30-35 I hope to "retire" and live off multiple streams of income.
You've got the right idea, there are a lot of people who dive into investing too quickly, don't make any profits and then give it up because they're crap at it. You can never do too much reading when it comes to this stuff.
Hirsty97
Rep:
?
(Original post by bspercy)
Is this £650/w post or pre tax? I currently make £400-550 a day but I'm self employed and still in university so it's not technically a full committed job.
Pre tax
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.8%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.76%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.65%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.79%

Watched Threads