The Student Room Group

Clearing and Accomodation

Hi, I’ve applied for UAL this year as my top choice and gave my accommodation and everything sorted with it however I wish to change uni in clearing. Was wondering if say I got accepted into my clearing choice do they choose my accommodation or do I get any choice at all? Thanks
Original post by asia2069
Hi, I’ve applied for UAL this year as my top choice and gave my accommodation and everything sorted with it however I wish to change uni in clearing. Was wondering if say I got accepted into my clearing choice do they choose my accommodation or do I get any choice at all? Thanks

It completely depends on each individual and what their accommodation policy is. Some work on a first come first served basis in which case there might not be much choice left, others may have a deadline and then make final decisions after that deadline. Accommodation is definitely something you need to be asking about when speaking to universities about Clearing - see what options they have available.
Original post by asia2069

Many unis don't guarantee accommodation for clearing students in university owned halls but usually they will support you in finding accommodation in private halls or a shared house if this is the case.

If they do offer you a space in halls your choice may be a bit more limited as well.

This is definitely something to check on uni websites and ask about when you call in clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending