Advanced higher English ... No AWARD??

Watch
chlo3robertson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I thought the exam and my folio was amazing, although my dissertation could defo have ruined it. Not ruin so much that I would FAIL? I’m not used to failing, especially at English.
I feel so horrible because it’s a subject I love…
People are saying “you got into university of Glasgow anyway” but I just don’t think the grade is right?
Has anyone experienced a lower grade than predicted or something?
DeerreeD
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know how much it helps, but back in 14/15 when I was in 6th year, there was a big debate that the maths exams were too hard or something similar. I think they lowered the marks required after this, but I am not sure. I found an article from around the time https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-34318232

I actually got a C in Higher English when I was expecting an A, no idea what happened sadly. I didn't get into University back then. Do you happen to have your Enlgish teachers email? I believe they have a better break down of what you got.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your teachers will have a breakdown of what you got.
If there is any section you believe that you got higher in and are close to the grade boundary you could think about remarking it
The Scotfather
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chlo3robertson)
I thought the exam and my folio was amazing, although my dissertation could defo have ruined it. Not ruin so much that I would FAIL? I’m not used to failing, especially at English.
I feel so horrible because it’s a subject I love…
People are saying “you got into university of Glasgow anyway” but I just don’t think the grade is right?
Has anyone experienced a lower grade than predicted or something?
Couldn't you have phoned up your schools English department yesterday and spoke to them about it? As I said in another thread if you doubt your mark and a teacher agrees you might be right you can get a remark. A few years ago a student got a C then decided she wanted a remark and she got an A afterwards. If in doubt ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (287)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (225)
43.95%

Watched Threads