The Student Room Group

Eat, Sleep, Study and Repeat with C&P (Part II - Year 13)

Eat, Sleep, Study and Repeat with C&P
Part II (Year 13)

About Me
Hello everyone! I'm CoffeeAndPolitics aka C&P/JT and I've been a Community Assistant for Study Help since July 2017 and I deal with pre-GCSE, GCSE, A-Level and UCAS related enquires in my own capacity and I also help to keep the sub-forum tidy. If you want advice about study help, please feel free to quote me in threads or PM me.

What subjects do I study?
A-Level History, Economics and Sociology

Spoiler

Academic Record
UCAS Predictions
What I think I will be predicted: ABB or AAB (if I'm lucky)
What I am predicted: ABB

Spoiler

University Choices
Below I will leave information about the progress of my UCAS application that I will continue to update as and when I receive offers/rejections:

Spoiler

Blog Updates

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by Lemur14
:goodluck::ninja:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks TeeEff! I like how your thread is looking atm and good luck to you too. :smile:
Good Luck!
Reply 5
Original post by thotproduct
Good Luck!

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 6
10/08/18 What I've been up to during the Summer Break so far? :h:

As some of you may be aware, so far my Summer Break has been unproductive and I haven't got much work done... Oops :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

22/07/18-29/07/18: 1 Week Cruise Trip across France, Portugal and Spain This was actually a holiday that was planned for some time after deciding whether I should go on a Cruise Trip or abroad to Los Angeles and San Francisco to spend time with my family there. Overall, the cruise trip holiday abroad was much deserved by myself and it was quite relaxing and pleasant with plenty of activities onboard - I found the Jacuzzi pretty relaxing though I got really sunburnt on my neck :s-smilie: (it's a lot better now) and I've really enjoyed exploring the French city of Le Havre which isn't difficult to work out how to navigate with a map. Lisbon was also beautiful but it was a tricky city to navigate around and we've managed to get lost... Uber to the rescue! Vigo, Spain was alright but I didn't really enjoy. Below are a selection of pictures I've taken whilst on holiday. Enjoy! :u:

https://imgur.com/a/Q9wUDhZ - This took me ages to upload but worth it.

Since returning from holiday I haven't got much done except making a who's who guide for the Tudor Foreign Policy course I'm doing in History. I've also ordered a textbook for the Russia 1894-1941 course I did in History (it's a similar book to the one I have for Britain 1930-1997) and I spent the £20 Amazon voucher I got for volunteering with The Access Project on a bunch of 2nd hand books for my History independent essay. :frown: Could've spent that on buying myself a small present. :ahee: I also have two extremely tedious research projects for Sociology to do. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:On top of this I need to complete the 3rd draft of my personal statement.

Plans for later: Go on UpLearn and do some Economics revision (once a day or so).

QFA

Spoiler

If you wish to be added/remove from the QFA List please comment down below to let me know. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
some lovely photos:yep: hope you're not getting too bogged down with work!
Reply 8
Original post by entertainmyfaith
some lovely photos:yep: hope you're not getting too bogged down with work!

I'm going to spread it out over the remaining weeks left so don't worry about that. :smile:
Tag meeeeee, plus good luck with uni application process :biggrin: Im in the same boat as you man. Applying in September. Lowkey exciting but kinda scary too. Like after I send it on UCAS then it's gone.
Reply 10
Original post by SomMC1
Tag meeeeee, plus good luck with uni application process :biggrin: Im in the same boat as you man. Applying in September. Lowkey exciting but kinda scary too. Like after I send it on UCAS then it's gone.

Will do! Thanks and good luck to you too - the uni application process is tedious but the actual A-Level results come this time next year will be scary. :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by SomMC1
That's true but the entire personal statement writing and making sure everything is perfect is on one hand tedious BUT scary. Like you cant mess up anything:tongue: and yikes , next year... will be very scary

We're all on a journey together :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
We're all on a journey together :tongue:

Spoiler

Yeah and that's the good thing about tsr. all the lovely interactions with people who do the exact same as I do.

Spoiler

Reply 13
Original post by SomMC1
Yeah and that's the good thing about tsr. all the lovely interactions with people who do the exact same as I do.

Spoiler

Yeah I would argue that's the best thing about TSR is the interactions with people and chatting to people and making friends. Btw if you haven't seen this it's worth having a look -
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5020248

Spoiler

Yeah I would argue that's the best thing about TSR is the interactions with people and chatting to people and making friends. Btw if you haven't seen this it's worth having a look -
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5020248

Spoiler

I actually havent seen that thread. Seems kinda lovely - will check it out:tongue: thank you

Spoiler

Some great photos and glad you had a nice time away :smile: Hope that work won't take too much time out of your holiday! :smile:
10/08/18 What I've been up to during the Summer Break

You're on your 3rd draft fpr your personal statement already?! Wow....I've not even started jotting things down so well done!:tongue: Any tips to forcing yourself to get round to it?

Also your photos are absolutely gorgeous, a cruise sounds sooooo nice:u: Im guessing you had a lot of seafood?
Reply 17
Original post by CinnamonSmol
You're on your 3rd draft fpr your personal statement already?! Wow....I've not even started jotting things down so well done!:tongue: Any tips to forcing yourself to get round to it?

Also your photos are absolutely gorgeous, a cruise sounds sooooo nice:u: Im guessing you had a lot of seafood?

Sent 1st draft and quickly followed with my 2nd draft and tbf that was my proper draft. 3rd draft is basically applying the feedback I got from someone who works at an university (lucky, I know).

Regarding the cruise trip holiday I didn't actually have much seafood because I just don't want to risk being sick and I'm not a great fan of seafood anyways - I do eat crab, lobster etc. occasionally. Thanks btw regarding the photos. :smile:
solid. good luck + would love to be tagged :h:
Reply 19
Original post by une rock
solid. good luck + would love to be tagged :h:

Thank you, really appreciated. I wish you the same in your studies. I'll add you to my lovely tag list when I next update this blog. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest