The Student Room Group

PayPal for Under 18s/Instagram help

My IG got hacked at 25k.
I can’t contact IG to get it back, so now I’m thinking about buying a new one.
Every seller wants me to pay through PayPal, but I’m 17...
I don’t want to wait until I’m 18.
Anyone know any alternatives to PayPal?
Or, any tips for how to get my original Instagram back? They changed the email, password, phone number, etc., I recieved no recovery email, I’ve been trying to get in for months.

Please try not to comment “it’s just an Instagram account” - it’s more complicated than that, I just don’t feel like explaining on here. ^_^”
Best bet is to probably use a parents PayPal account instead.
What do you mean you can't contact IG?
Reply 2
Can't you just make an instagram account? Or use parent's paypal
You can contact Instagram to retrieve a stolen account. Paying for a stolen Instagram account is a terrible and irresponsible idea. Please go to the 'forgot my password' section within the app and select the appropriate categories, you will find a contact form and they will resolve it for you.
Reply 4
Original post by Paracosm
You can contact Instagram to retrieve a stolen account. Paying for a stolen Instagram account is a terrible and irresponsible idea. Please go to the 'forgot my password' section within the app and select the appropriate categories, you will find a contact form and they will resolve it for you.

1.) I tried the contact form, multiple times. Instagram won’t reply. I’m not the only one who has this issue, their customer service is the worst.
2.) The account isn’t stolen, I wouldn’t buy one that was.
Original post by Anonymous
1.) I tried the contact form, multiple times. Instagram won’t reply. I’m not the only one who has this issue, their customer service is the worst.
2.) The account isn’t stolen, I wouldn’t buy one that was.

1) Be patient.

I have just now understood that you want to... buy a new IG account with loads of followers on it...

...why?

It's an absolutely terrible idea and I implore that you don't do it.
Reply 6
Original post by Paracosm
1) Be patient.

I have just now understood that you want to... buy a new IG account with loads of followers on it...

...why?

It's an absolutely terrible idea and I implore that you don't do it.

I’ve been patient since March.

And I only want to buy one with followers instead of make a new one because otherwise I would have to restart 3 years of work. I want to get back to the same position.

The stress of having the account stolen has gotten to the point medical issues I have are getting worse... I just need a way to stop it. I agree it doesn’t sound like the best solution, I’m feeling like there is no other option right now though. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been patient since March.

And I only want to buy one with followers instead of make a new one because otherwise I would have to restart 3 years of work. I want to get back to the same position.

The stress of having the account stolen has gotten to the point medical issues I have are getting worse... I just need a way to stop it. I agree it doesn’t sound like the best solution, I’m feeling like there is no other option right now though. :frown:

I'm sorry to hear of the stress, but it's a terrible idea - not your work, the followers are likely bots and your account will likely be suspended by Instagram, leaving you in a worse place than where you started. Start a new account.
Reply 8
Ive had paypal since i was 14

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending