Profession for an aspiring doctor Watch

username4164712
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
hey guys im going to do medicine and probably be a doctor but I have a strong interest in international relations . in any way , if possible can I pursue both like in the UN or something . anything would be extremely helpful;l
BF19
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The best I can think of is applying to a university that allows you to do an iBsc, compulsory or not, and possibly do yours on Global health, as that has secure links with international relations. You could obviously steer your iBsc project in a way that suits your interests as well as keeping it healthcare based. This could allow for future opportunities by employers, for you to have knowledge in this subject.
username3552710
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You can attend a university that will allow you to intercalate. So basically in the middle of medicine after your third degree you can do another degree for a year. So I want to do medicine but then I was thinking I want to intercalate and also do a one year degree in either management or medical ethics. depends on the uni ur going to. Research some unis on this
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You don't sound very focused...but public health would be the obvious area (with a focus on international public health), although most areas of medicine can be involved internationally through MSF, Red Cross etc. Public health however is much closer to the policy side of things, which may be more appealing. That said, you also get a lot of Public Health professionals who don't have a medical degree because to an extent it may not be necessary.

As above you may be intercalate into something more aligned to International Relations, or the subject itself perhaps at some universities (maybe). Public health is a more common option for iBSc's I think though, so is worth thinking about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (534)
59.4%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed