why aren't any guys interested in me? Watch

s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in my mid twenties. I'm not really ugly, I've seen guys check me out but they never approach me. Why aren't any guys interested in me?

some people aren't even good looking and they have someone, why can't I?
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because unless you very attractive you have to work at it to snare a mate. It doesn't just land on your plate.
Slflay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Na your time will come eventually, I am the same ahah and 22. I worried for so long, then I decided I didn't care any more and decided I wanted to work on myself and work, not long after (Around 2-3 months ish) I had someone ask me out X'D
MWills99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They probably are but are looking for signs you are interested. Are you giving them the right signals?
Plus you could always approach them if you are tired of waiting
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
because you’re ugly lol
This.

I didn't want to say it because sounded a bit raw but nice to see some tsr users are more savage than me.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
because you’re ugly lol
that fact u say that a lot shows that u r insecure and essentially describing urself.
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
that fact u say that a lot shows that u r insecure and essentially describing urself.
u wish i was being serious.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Maybe you're giving off signs that you're not interested somehow, possibly due to anxiety and overthinking. Easier said than done ik, but maybe try to approach them instead of the other way around to show that you're interested in them. The right person will come along eventually
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ugly as in your personality g
frostfly
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s817)
some people aren't even good looking and they have someone
Then clearly those people are doing something you're not. Maybe go out there, start talking and actually get to know people, instead of just waiting for them to approach you?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Ugly as in your personality g
Lol, says you?
PhilanderingBum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s817)
I'm in my mid twenties. I'm not really ugly, I've seen guys check me out but they never approach me. Why aren't any guys interested in me?

some people aren't even good looking and they have someone, why can't I?
Just dress and act like a tart, wear OTT makeup, squeeze your body into a black bodycon dress, drink and laugh really loudly while trying not to trip over your stilletos. This way, all the boys in the club will think you are easy pickings and you'll be swarmed with attention. Assuming you are average to ugly looking, guys will assume you have low self-esteem and will try to pray on this. (this isn't what I do btw, promise :perv:) Get on Tinder. The fact that you have a vag will guaruntee you attention.

If you actually want to "find someone", you'll have to be realistic about your standards and willing to do some (or most) of the legwork
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lol, says you?
She could have an ugly personality. I have a nice personality thank u v much
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You aren't getting any guys' interest in you because you're not bothering to approach them or get them to notice you. Do you expect men to be able to read your mind and know if you are interested in them?
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here.
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could try approaching them/asking them out?
pfdavina
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm 18 and guys always used to stare at me, maybe find a reason to talk to me, but because I was so awkward (and deep down i didn't want a bf so ) I gave off a vibe that said 'I'm not interested' often without realising it.
It's only when i decided i didn't wanna date until uni, i loosened up, and all of a sudden guys would ask me out left right and centre because i was more carefree an approachable.
Now that I have a bf guys still stare but i get approached less, again because I must unknowingly give off a vibe that says 'I'm not interested'.

Maybe give hints that you are interested like looking up and smiling at a guy that is staring at you ( no matter how shy you are ). This gives him the go ahead to approach you, or use your body language to seem welcoming.

note: I would say that I'm cute pretty not like super sexy or anything. But i am always presentable - hair, nails make up done, with nice clothes on all the time. Maybe when guys look at you, they see beauty, but something is missing so they don't ask for your number.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
Same here.
You'd go "EWWW OLD MEN LIKING ME" if they were over 24 so you've limited your potential search range bro
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
You'd go "EWWW OLD MEN LIKING ME" if they were over 24 so you've limited your potential search range bro

Yeah, I remember that incident...

General rule of thumb is to never believe a girl who says no guys are interested in her. If you pry hard enough you will always find she's being hit on by someone, ..but because they don't meet her requirements/standards/preferences she doesn't count it as a guy showing interest.

which is kinda insulting to the guy if you think about it, as you're basically calling him invisible because you refuse to count the approach as an approach
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Hate you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.44%
Not great so far... (229)
35.5%
I want to drop out! (124)
19.22%

Watched Threads