The Student Room Group

Koalifications' GCSE GYG - Year 11 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Koalifications
Too true, I find that if I don't see my friends for a while I end up feeling so moody... :tongue:
That's alright!

Same.. :five: it's difficult to just spend time with my family.
Glad your new charger is working okay.
Could you tag me to the thread plz
please tag me in this - i'd love to be updated!
good luck in year 11!!
Original post by nyxnko_
Same.. :five: it's difficult to just spend time with my family.
Glad your new charger is working okay.

I love my family to bits, but sometimes when I'm in the house for days on end I get a bit sharp with them which I hate to do :frown: They don't do anything wrong but I get annoyed with them sometimes (can you tell I'm a teen lol :grr:) so I try to not, and seeing friends lets me get into a better mood.

Original post by Burnt Toast
Could you tag me to the thread plz

Original post by stalkingsilence
please tag me in this - i'd love to be updated!
good luck in year 11!!

Sure, thanks for the support!!
17/8/18

Hey guys!

I'm finding that I am in procrastination central right now, probably because of the Summer. I take AGES to do small tasks which is so annoying because what has taken me a whole day could have been done in an hour but I can't focus and there are so many distractions and ugh...

I did microeconomics revision today and made flashcards on the chapter 'basic economic problem' (opportunity cost, allocation of resource, etc.) and started on 'demand' (so far on individual and market demand, and the causes of shifts in demand). I find it hard to sit down and just get on with work, or to continue at it for periods of time, especially with all Summery distractions. Any tips to get work done relatively efficiently without having to spend hours on a piece of work that could take 30 minutes would be greatly appreciated!

I might watch a Martin Luther King documentary later because I have to write my History coursework essay on him. I'll probably read some more of 'To Kill A Mockingbird' or maybe do some French vocab online...?

Also, :rip: Aretha Franklin. Such a good singer :frown:
Hi guys!
So since I didn't post yesterday, I will put yesterday's and today's entries in this post.

18/8/19

I watched two documentaries on Martin Luther King - one by Trevor MacDonald for MLK's 50 year death anniversary, and another by a Youtuber who spoke about MLK's life. I also read around the Civil Rights Movement - including Malcolm X, Thurgood Marshall, the Civil Rights Movement key cases (Plessy v Ferguson and Brown v Board of Education), the events, the acts passed (between 1964 to 1968) and even Abraham Lincoln's civil war to end slavery. I find MLK such an inspiration - how he continued to campaign non-violenty, even as the odds were stacked against the movement and violence was used against black Americans.

After much :crast: I did some economics revision, finishing my flashcards on Demand and also making flashcards on Supply. Supply is soo much more difficult than Demand, especially Price Elasticity of Demand... eesh :frown:

19/8/19

I had a really productive day today! :proud: After completing Section B of my English Language holiday paper in one hour (oh yes, you read that right - only ONE hour... normally I'd spent five hours procrastinating lol) I took the dog for a walk and, after last night's pizza, I decided to do some exercise :run:. I had a shower to freshen up and just relaxed tonight.

I also read up on WW2 today. I don't really know why, but I saw it online and decided to read up on Winston Churchill and the events of WW2. I want to take both History and Politics at A-level so I think knowing more about history is important.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas for what I should do in this GYG to be more entertaining, let me know!
Thought this might help: Edit: You've already seen this, nvm. :laugh:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5528284#primary_content
Hey guys!

Work, you say? Haha good joke because this week I've done n o t h i n g !!
lol

Original post by M-Holloway
Thought this might help: Edit: You've already seen this, nvm. :laugh:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5528284#primary_content

Thanks for this! So handy :smile:
Original post by Koalifications
Hi everyone!

I'm going into Year 11 this year (:eek:) and decided to make this blog to help motivate me to revise and get g o o d g r a d e s. But after my Summer Bucket List blog lasted for all of a week, I wouldn't hold your breath on this one lasting... :colondollar:

I want to try and get grades 8 and above in everything/almost everything (fingers crossed), with maybe a one or two 9s thrown in there (I wish :tongue:). I am also starting AS English Language this year and doing it after school with a small group, so should be good...? :afraid:

My Subjects/Predicted and Aspirational Grades:

Spoiler

Whilst my predicted grades are pretty good, I feel like they may be a bit ambitious in some areas, like economics and chemistry for example. If I got these grades that I have been predicted, I'd be thrilled (and very surprised :woo:)! But I might need a sprinkling of help and support from you guys... and when I say a little help...

Future Plans:

Spoiler

GCSE Grades and Plans Thereafter

Spoiler

Tag List:

Spoiler

Thanks for following this. I'll try to post updates every few days and when I'm back to school, each week(end).

Just wanted to pop up and say that the Rick Roll has mortally wounded me. As you were.
Tag me please :biggrin:
Honestly, don't feel bad so about procrastinating, at least you're doing some work over the summer, I on the other hand have done nothing, oops . Tag me please, I would love to be updated on your year 11 journey (I'm going into year 11 too aha (: )
I love this! Please tag me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending