Saudi Arabia Execute Man Via CRUCIFIXION (and beheading) Watch

Haviland-Tuf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
So you are in favour of British interference in foreign affairs generally, and in matters of justice specifically?
Its not a foreign affair the two Jihadi's were British Citizens.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
Its not a foreign affair the two Jihadi's were British Citizens.
They were British once, but they aren't now. By your logic we would be protecting anyone who emigrates for their entire lives. That is not realistic or desirable.
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Add the UK to your list. We are complicit in the capital punishment if the Jihadi pair get trialed in the US.

In fact, waking up to news yesterday of a pregnant woman and her daughter being killed by Israeli air strikes and Saudi bombing a school bus full of Yemeni kids makes us complicit in cold-blooded murder of civilians abroad as well.
i like how u abandoned ur other thread once u got baited out
Haviland-Tuf
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
They were British once, but they aren't now. By your logic we would be protecting anyone who emigrates for their entire lives. That is not realistic or desirable.
We stripped them off their citzenship, we simply shouldn't have done that. However you spin it the bottom line is still the same we've revoked their citizenship in a bid to get them trialed elsewhere because we don't have capital punishment here which is a terribly cowardly and hypocritical stance.

Why are you bringing British people who emigrate elsewhere up here for comparison? For one they are still British regardless of whether they live in the UK or not and secondly we should be protecting our citizens abroad and this is absolutely a desirable and realistic expectation. Imagine going on a holiday abroad and having your passport seized by foreign police... According to your ridiculous logic the British home office shouldn't interfere - crazy.
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
We stripped them off their citzenship, we simply shouldn't have done that.
the moment they decide to go off and fight against us they aren't British citizens.

How stupid are you to not realize that? They deserve more than that
Haviland-Tuf
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)
i like how u abandoned ur other thread once u got baited out
Regardless of the crime nobody should be stripped of their citizenship. I suspect if the two radicalised young men were white Muslim reverts they would still hold their citizenship today. I am not surprised that because the two Jihadi's are brown they are being othered in a bid to distract us from the fact that they grew up in the UK and were radicalised right here on a door step.
Medrat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
In fact, having different countries with different ideas of morality is a good idea.
Of course. Can it be anything else? It's only when political greed, hubris, expansionism, take-over, etc. come into play that things start getting tricky.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
We stripped them off their citzenship, we simply shouldn't have done that.
We most certainly should have done it. What is more we should do it more often.

we've revoked their citizenship in a bid to get them trialed elsewhere
No. We revoked their citizenship in a bid to have nothing further to do with them.

According to your ridiculous logic the British home office shouldn't interfere - crazy.
No. Read it again. I have specifically said that we should not interfere in the case of those who are not British citizens. Obviously, we should help bona fide British citizens who have not sought to wage war. Those who emigrate should seek help from their new state. Obviously.

You cannot expect to be an avowed, active and violent enemy of Britain (at war, in fact) and also to retain the benefits of the very protection you sought to overthrow.

You are beginning to sound like one of them.
Haviland-Tuf
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
We most certainly should have done it. What is more we should do it more often.

No. We revoked their citizenship in a bid to have nothing further to do with them.

No. Read it again. I have specifically said that we should not interfere in the case of those who are not British citizens. Obviously, we should help bona fide British citizens who have not sought to wage war. Those who emigrate should seek help from their new state. Obviously.

You cannot expect to be an avowed, active and violent enemy of Britain (at war, in fact) and also to retain the benefits of the very protection you sought to overthrow.

You are beginning to sound like one of them.
We are going to have to agree to disagree then Good Bloke. I see the pair as victims of Islamist radicalisation and disillusionment with Western imperialism. I do believe they should be punished but not abroad they should be tried here. They shouldn't also be threatened with capital punishment as that disagrees with our own British values.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I see the pair as victims
Does nobody have to take responsibility for their own violent decisions? Must it always be the fault of the British state? Why do you continue to live in such an awful country?
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Regardless of the crime nobody should be stripped of their citizenship. I suspect if the two radicalised young men were white Muslim reverts they would still hold their citizenship today. I am not surprised that because the two Jihadi's are brown they are being othered in a bid to distract us from the fact that they grew up in the UK and were radicalised right here on a door step.
by not stripping off their citizenships we are giving them the chance to return to our country.

This poses threats on our citizens. It's better to strip them off their citizenships and throw them away like the trash they are
Haviland-Tuf
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Does nobody have to take responsibility for their own violent decisions? Must it always be the fault of the British state? Why do you continue to live in such an awful country?
If you've read the post you've just quoted you should be aware I already said they should be punished so I have no idea why you are carrying on like I've said they should be freed immediately! Stop the hyperboles, stop the othering - this is exactly why I have a problem with some members of the British public who seem to bait you into a debate and then when you say something that remotely disagrees with their views your own Britishness is questioned.

I never said this country is awful. I said the way they dealt with the Jihadi pair was terribly cowardly and hypocritical. I stand by my comments. If you don't want to have a level-headed conversation about the parameters of their punishment don't pretend otherwise.
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
Terrorists deserve to die.
Are you referring to the murderous Wahhabi regime or the individual they brutally crucified (he was a murderer, sure, but not sure how he could be called a terrorist)?
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
We stripped them off their citzenship, we simply shouldn't have done that. However you spin it the bottom line is still the same we've revoked their citizenship in a bid to get them trialed elsewhere because we don't have capital punishment here which is a terribly cowardly and hypocritical stance.

Why are you bringing British people who emigrate elsewhere up here for comparison? For one they are still British regardless of whether they live in the UK or not and secondly we should be protecting our citizens abroad and this is absolutely a desirable and realistic expectation. Imagine going on a holiday abroad and having your passport seized by foreign police... According to your ridiculous logic the British home office shouldn't interfere - crazy.
Didn't they burn their passports upon arrival in their so-called 'Caliphate', and, therefore, pledge allegiance to another 'state', and, in doing so, revoke their British citizenship?

As they say, 'you can't have your cake and eat it'.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

Nah ........I'd rather they were tortured just like those they inflicted their evil punishment on ....and then forced to eat two bacon butties before then being dragged across the desert for hundred of yards whilst streamed live across the Muslim world as an example to other gutless cowards .
zebraguy 20
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
A prison sentence long enough to rehabilitate the offender.
Well if it that is your opinion, then it is fine
zebraguy 20
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Medrat)
This is one of today's news stories (in the Daily Mail online):
"I'm really sorry': Rapist and murderer apologizes moments before 'coughing, turning purple and dying' from lethal dose of poison in Tennessee's first execution in a decade"
How were the comments in that article? You know did people support what happened or were they sympathetic to him?
Last edited by zebraguy 20; 5 months ago
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For attempted murder... a botched hanging like... the trap door doesn't open and haha. That had you worried, didn't it?
Medrat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by zebraguy 20)
How were the comments in that article? You know did people support what happened or were they sympathetic to him?
That's a really interesting question. I didn't think to look. I was just struck by the 'barbarity' of the execution....in civilised America (I am not judging either, btw. They can do what they like if the people want to live that way - as long as they don't do it here or force me to live like that). I'll go and have a look now.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This is why we need to stop immigration completely .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.9%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.05%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.12%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.55%
No (252)
71.39%

Watched Threads