username4169522
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi.

I am looking for some advice.

I am interested in studying Health & Wellbeing and Sociology with Foundation Year at Liverpool Hope this September but I am just wondering what entry requirements I would need. I don’t meet the typical entry requirements hence why I am hoping to do the foundation year in order for me to then get onto the degree. Has anyone else managed to get onto this degree before, who doesn’t have the standard entry requirements?

I am 20 as well (21 in February) so I have been out of education for a few years due to previous health issues, and that is why I haven’t done much further education study but I am now ready to progress with my studies. I am really interested and passionate about studying this course but don’t know whether I would be excepted given my circumstances with entry requirements. Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nnevve)
Hi.

I am interested in studying Health & Wellbeing and Sociology with Foundation Year at Liverpool Hope this September but I am just wondering what entry requirements I would need. I don’t meet the typical entry requirements hence why I am hoping to do the foundation year in order for me to then get onto the degree. Has anyone else managed to get onto this degree before, who doesn’t have the standard entry requirements?

I am 20 as well (21 in February) so I have been out of education for a few years due to previous health issues, and that is why I haven’t done much further education study but I am now ready to progress with my studies. I am really interested and passionate about studying this course but don’t know whether I would be excepted given my circumstances with entry requirements. Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks!
Ring them up and ask them directly whether they will consider you.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi.

Hi there

It's great to hear that you are looking into alternative options to help you get access to the degree you want to do. That's exactly what our foundation degree is for

It's essentially a introduction into University, so you will learn all of the skills required for academic writing, reading, critical thinking and working in a whole new environment. You will be able to incorporate this into your chosen subject, meaning you will have the right skill set for when you go on to complete the full degree! Health & Well-being and Sociology is a fantastic option for our Foundation Year

If you want to have a chat with myself or one of my colleagues, please call us on 0151 291 3111. We can answer any questions or offer you advice if you are worried about anything.

Hope this helps!

Melissa
username4169522
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Liverpool Hope University Thanks for your reply! Can I ask what entry requirements I would need to get onto the degree? As I don’t have any A levels or Level 3 equivalent so don’t know whether I’d be accepted but I really want to more than anything 😬
Liverpool Hope Graduate Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Liverpool Hope University Thanks for your reply! Can I ask what entry requirements I would need to get onto the degree? As I don’t have any A levels or Level 3 equivalent so don’t know whether I’d be accepted but I really want to more than anything 😬
Hi nnevve!

At Liverpool Hope University we usually require Level 3 qualification(s) for entry onto our Undergraduate courses.

If you could give us a call on 01512913111 we will be able to advise you on what steps you will need to take next.

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Liverpool Hope University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
    Sat, 2 Nov '19
    Wed, 4 Dec '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (285)
59.01%
No (163)
33.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise